“Great crash pad for skiing at Killington”

Hillside Inn at Killington
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We just returned from a stay at the Hillside Inn. It's not the Ritz, by any means, but it is clean, recently renovated, and CHEAP. I chatted briefly with the owners when I checked out, and this is their first season owning the hotel, so look for improvements next year. The biggest problem right now is that people don't realize there's a third parking lot, so they park all over the two small lots, making it difficult for everyone to get in and out. The free breakfast left quite a bit to be desired (Ring Dings? Really?) but we had brought our own food and took advantage of the fridge, coffee maker, and microwave in our room. The price can't be beat, particularly for being on the access road, and it was comfortable and clean. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed here last weekend and would definitely come back, if only for the ridiculously cheap price. It's not the lap of luxury whatsoever - the bathroom sink had some weird water pressure going on and the bedspreads were some weird synthetic material, but the hotel was clean, convenient, and the temperature was just fine (I know this was a comment by other reviewers). The staff is very friendly - we were all arriving at different times and it was no problem. The free breakfast was a little lacking but again - what do you expect for $79 a night? All in all, a really good value to be in a great location if you are just looking for a place to crash in betweeen the Pickle Barrel and a day of skiing!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We checked in late last night, February 16, 2010 at 10:30pm. Keep in mind that the temperature outside is 19 degrees. We had to call the front desk almost immediately after getting in our room, to inquire about the lack of heat, no remote control, and no network cable. I was told that they've had problems with people taking the remotes and the cables and that they didn't have any extra remotes or cables. I was told that I would have to consult the manager in the morning. As far as the heat is concerned, there is NO HEAT! I'm not saying that the heat is out of order at this time, I'm saying "THERE IS NO HEAT", they have the radiant heating system which is suppose to adequately heat the room by radiating up from the floors, but how can the radiant heating be effective if it's covered by carpeting, Answer: IT'S NOT. I had the crazy notion that I would take a shower to warm up and I actually froze instead because the water pressure is almost non existent, and the water is barely warm. To top it off I took a shower at 2 am (Wed. 2/17/2010), so I can't imagine that all of the guest were showering at the same time, and therefore the hot water supply was low. We had to take the blankets from one bed to the other for sufficient warmth during the night. When we woke this morning the room was even colder than the night before. When we called the front desk this morning, the manager was no where to be found, however the staff was courteous and finally responded with resolutions by providing a space heater that's not the best but a little better than before, they finally furnished a remote and after getting a faulty network cable the first time, we finally received a good one.
I will say that Roger and Kimberly did everything possible to remedy the issues and they were kind, and friendly from beginning to end. So now we continue our stay until we checkout on Friday (2/19/2010).
THE HEATING SYSTEM IS TOTALLY INADEQUATE FOR VERMONT DURING THE WINTER!
I WILL NOT RETURN!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NYTRUEACCOUNT
Alpinemanager, Manager at Hillside Inn at Killington, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2010

A radiant heated flooring though impeded by carpeting is not totally blocked off. The rooms have a tiled floor in the kitchenette and bathroom that are included in the radiant heating circuit which cover enough area to help keep the room at a temperature between 68 and 72 degrees farenheit. Room temperature may vary if staying in a room that was in a portion of the building that gets its heat turned down during slow periods to conserve resources. Also during periods of inactivity we alternate boilers to conserve resources, which in turn may lead to the hot water taking a little longer (between 10 and 15 minutes) to arrive at the faucet. Though the TV sets should have a remote control they can be controlled manually by the buttons on the front of the TV set. Now this may be an inconvenience and we apologize for the potential lack of a remote control as some are misplaced by guests, we are currently establishing a better system to ensure that every TV set has a remote or that a missing remote is replaced. This issue is similar to the network cable issue which we are also implementing a more reliable system to provide each guest with internet access.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

Stayed for a long weekend and it was a beautifully decorated room (we asked the desk clerk and we understand it's been recently redecorated), with a wonderful staff and it was immaculate! Definately worth more then the price that we paid. Conveinently located near the ski slope, and close to great restaurants and taverns. Definately will recommend and will be back!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2010

The was the most perfect spot for me and my husbands holiday getaway. The location was perfect, close to restaurants and bars so you did not have to venture far. The hotel was immaculate and the staff were very helpful to us, since this was our first trip to the area. We will definately go back and stay at the Alpine-it is the place to be!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We were very impressed with the facilities for the cost involved.
We spoke with the Assistant GM, Michael, concerning future business accomodations and found him to be very knowledgable and extremely helpful & attentive concerning our needs and expectations for future reservations.

All in all, this was a very pleasant and productive trip to your establishment.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I stayed at the Alpine Inn from12.30.09- 1.3.10. The rooms were extremely clean and the staff was very pleasant. My only dislike was that the rooms were very warm. They have radiant floor heating and no individual room controls. I would rather have a warm room that a cold room on cold nights. We slept with the room door open a bit. Not safe, but when you are sleeping and warm, you don't care. The bathroom set up was different, but works for people skiing. the toilet has it's own room, without an exhaust fan. I recommend bringing a spray. The sink had it's own area outside of the shower. so 3 people could easily get ready. they had more than enough storage. This place just opened on 12.15.09, so I think they are doing really well. I would go back!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Cascades Lodge Killington
#4 of 13 in Killington
Summit Lodge & Resort
Summit Lodge & Resort
#3 of 13 in Killington

Been to Hillside Inn at Killington? Share your experiences!