“Good place for beginning skiers”

Killington - Pico Adventure Center
Ranked #10 of 25 things to do in Killington
Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Good place for beginning skiers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a good place for kids and adults alike to learn to ski. It is small enough that you don't lose sight of your kids, and even during the President's day weekend, it did not feel to crowded. It also has trails of varying difficulty. The lodge has reasonably good food in a cafeteria layout. There are plenty of skis and equipment to rent, and their prices for learning to ski (with practically the third day free, including equipment), is tough to beat. The staff and instructors are generally quite friendly.

Visited February 2012

Albany NY
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Ski Pico, not Killington!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I love this mountain! There's terrain for everyone here. This year we ended up skiing on a Monday after the only large snowfall of the season (15 inches over 48 hours), and it was MARVELOUS. Beautifully groomed, hardly anyone there, friendly staff...what's not to love? Every time I come up here I wonder why I'm not here more often. Great mountain.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank bbeeAlbanyNY
Miami, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Excellent resort for beginning skiers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband, two older teenagers, and myself spent five days at the Pico resort. My children took snowboarding lessons and spent all four days snowboarding in the different trails. We took skiing lessons. Everyone is very friendly. It is very family oriented. The lodge/restaurant is very cozy and there is an upstairs area where only adults can go since they serve alcohol and have a nice bar. It is not a luxurious place, but is is very cozy and you feel safe and welcomed.

Visited December 2011
North Haverhill, New Hampshire
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“NO CROWDS OR LIFTLINES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

" RUNS PER DOLLAR ", Still go by these guidelines since I was a kid. Killington attracts the wanna be types from the city, who want to say they've been to Killington, but the real people ski PICO ! Pico owned by Killington, is just down the road, although restricted now by the days its open, a worthwhile venture when open. The parking lot midweek is empty, and no liftlines which means more runs per dollar. Speaking of dollars, check out the Pico Pass offered every year. You'll ski at a fraction of the cost of Killington with an elevation comparable. You'll get hooked and return.....I'll probably be sorry I mentioned it.

Visited February 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Somehow we expected more, especially for the price. It wasn't crowded when we were there and we still had to wait 40 minutes at the ugly climbing wall- plywood spray painted blue with rock holds- and there was only one girl working and five people waiting to use the wall. The mini golf course is in sad shape, greens are poorly maintained and the course is crowded (why? Because you don't have to wait in line to play mini-golf). The alpine slide is fun but beware! You WILL be rear ended by another cart if you're not going fast enough (or, like me, needed a minute to get accustomed to the cart, the track and the controls) down the slide. This is not a fun or memorable experience. Also, no purses, bags, backpacks are allowed on the slide AND there are no lockers in which to put your stuff. Of course, no one mentioned this to me and so I rode the whole way up the lift only to be told by an employee working the alpine slide that my bag could be sent down to the bottom by itself. When I got to the lift, I was screamed at by an employee who told me that my bag couldn't go down by itself and I had to go down with it. So, if you don't stay at Pico, there is nowhere to leave your bag and you must leave it in your car (which made me uncomfortable. Yes, I know it's Killington and there is no crime but I'm from Baltimore and I trust no one). It's a very small place with an (overpriced) snack bar and the whole place has the look of an outdoor day care center. Finally, there is one bathroom, located down a long and winding corridor inside the condo/village/store complex. If you go when it's crowded and you don't stay at Pico, use the bathroom before you arrive and make sure your children do too. Or you could just save your money and go somewhere else, I hear Bromley and Stowe are much nicer!

Visited July 2011