“Good Hiking”

Leesburg, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Good Hiking”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Ranger at the entrance is very helpful and friendly. You can spend as much time as you want hiking and enjoying the views. Kids of all ages will enjoy.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank WHELBING

Holden, Missouri
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Kent Brook Trail”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stopped here on a rainy day to walk the Kent Brook Trail. Due to the weather, we were the only people in the park and had the trail to ourselves. The trail through the old growth forest was interesting and alerted us to look for similar conditions in other locations. This trail is suitable for young and inexperienced hikers. Total length about 1 mile.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank westmotraveler
Denver, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A nice diversion during the peak autumn color season”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A typical visit here might include a day hike through the trees or around the nearby lake. The lake trail is highly recommended for its lake views, but also a small but scenic cascade into the lake. Worth a visit, especially during the peak autumn color season.

2 Thank Kirk H
3 attraction reviews
“Explorers Welcome!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I decided to go to VT for an autumnfestpolration and I was so happy to have done my research ahead of time! the sites are clean and tidy and the cabins clean and cozy! Easy access to bathrooms and showers.

The trails and views were stunning. I completed 14.9 miles and hit 4 summits. I loved every minute. What impressed me most was the hospitality and kindness of the two college aged park attendants. They were nice, full of information and so excited to have visitors from out of state! Kudos to Gifford Woods State Park, you exceeded my expectations immensely!

Orange, TX
“Nice trail.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was just perfect for me to get some evening exercise while enjoying the beauty of nature. It has a great little brook, and the pathway was well marked. My visit was on October 1st, so I really enjoyed all the colorful leaves!