“Convenient but nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ovations at Killington - CLOSED

Ovations at Killington
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Killington Grand Resort Hotel offers a warm Vermont dining experience at Ovations Restaurant, serving homestyle American classics and farm fresh regional cuisine. Our chefs prepare both family favorites and modern creations, using only the freshest & local ingredients.
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Convenient but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Killington Grand for a weekend and ate here for breakfast twice and dinner once. The menu fit on one page so there was not much variety. One of the days that I had breakfast there was a buffet. No waitress came by to offer water or coffee, so we were left alone after we were seated. Eventually I saw that there was a coffee station behind a wall where I could get my own, but I've never been to a buffet where no one came to check in on the table. The food was average-- nothing memorable. The staff was very friendly and helpful with our toddler at our other two meals. It was nice to not have to pack a diaper bag and get in the car, but otherwise there were no compelling reasons for us to return here.

• Visited September 2013

Hillsborough, NJ
“Convenient for Killington Grand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice resturant inside Killington Grand, limited menu, but what they do serve, they prepare well. Friendly wait staff and nice atomsphere.

1 Thank L A H
West Long Branch, New Jersey
“Mac and Cheese sauce...yuck....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

After a long drive up to Killington we were looking forward to a nice dinner at the resort.. we were sadly disappointed. When they sat us at our table i asked the hostess why it was so cold. She apologized but said it was always cold and there was nothing she could do for us. Since there was no other food option in the hotel we stuck it out. after reviewing the menu all three of us thought the Mac and Cheese dinner (one plain an two with ham) would hit the spot and make us ready for a first day of skiing. Not one of us finished our meals. it was like eating overcooked elbow macaroni with a store bought cheese sauce poured over it. Having had mac and Cheese at some other nice restaurants this was so disappointing. Kraft macaroni and cheese would have been better. The only bright spot is they server a nice warm oat bread that was delicious.

1 Thank Norm K
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Lackluster food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

When we arrived at the Grand Hotel for our 3 day stay it was Sunday evening and snowing outside, so we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. The best part of the meal came first, the bread. It was warm, tasty and just a little sweet. If not for the bread this probably would be a one star review. Frankly, based on the other food we ate at this restaurant I'd guess that the bread is brought in and not made in-house.

The calamari appetizer came in a cone shaped holder. What looked like a nice big portion was actually deceiving since the entire bottom was filled with lettuce and just the top was covered with calamari. No great loss since it was greasy and mostly broken odds-and ends, no rings or tentacles. But the sauce was tasty.

My husband got what was supposed to be a veggie burger, but he could not actually pick it up and eat it since it was just really a pile of what we think was a bean mixture.

The entree I ordered was described as a "Grilled Pesto Pizza" topped with an Italian salad with chianti dressing. What I got was a dry, cold (not cool, cold) packaged pizza crust with a dried-out green coating. The salad was mostly chopped lettuce with a couple of olives and lousy winter tomatoes. There was a bit of a red stain on some of the lettuce edges, so I'm guessing that was the chianti dressing? Basically it was dry lettuce on dry, cold bread.

I ate a bit of the bread and all of the lettuce since I was hungry and didn't want to re-order. When the waitress asked how my meal was I said "terrible". She laughed. I guess she thought I was kidding. I told her, no, really, it was terrible. The took the meal off the bill.

• Visited February 2013
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Good food! Nice wait staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were looking for a bite almost at closing time and were pleasantly surprised with such a nice waitress and that she could still get us dinner. The menu had a nice variety of choices and we settled on a Sobu salad, a burger, and a Pizza Salad. Each dish was very tasty. Only regret,I found out that the front desk offered a $5 discount on each entree which I never would have known about if I hadn't overheard a conversation from another guest!