“Jordan107” 5 of 5 bubbles

Birch Ridge Inn
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: American, International, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Yardley, PA
“Jordan107”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2009

My wife and I visited this restaurant a few weeks ago and it was truly a unique experience in the Killington area. The ambience in the great room is relaxing and cozy with a nice warm fire blazing in one corner, and lively conversation at the bar. Bill, one of the owners, greeted us warmly at the door, and Mary, the co-owner was very attentive in welcoming guests and making them comfortable in the great room. The bartender (John) was quick to serve, and prepared a perfectly dry Sapphire martini. The menu had an excellent range of selections. I had the rack of lamb which was great, and finished up with the signature Crème Brule which was one of the best I have had. My wife enjoyed the spinach salad plate with warm bacon, and of course, "a one spoonful share" of my Crème Brule. It is great to be able to make reservations as most locations at Killington won't, and you take your chances on long waits. We will definitely return for seconds!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boston
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

Nice quaint place with a intimate atmosphere. The owner was very welcoming, the service was great, and the food was unbelievable. Very good menu with a broad range of foods that mix well together. I'll eat there every time I visit.

Lincroft, NJ
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2008

This is a little gem....possibly one of the coziest places I have been to in Killington. Bill and Mary do a wonderful job, waitstaff (Merissa) is very attentive and good with suggestions. Food is above average with excellent presentation. We had a great night and look forward to returning soon!

Cheers!

Sunapee, NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2007

My boyfriend and I found this little inn for dinner during a fall getaway to Vermont. I am a vegan, so I am a little picky. The chef made me a vegetable napoleon stacked with layers of different vegetables. it was really nice. My boyfriend had venison that was served with a blueberry pan sauce. He thought it was great. The restaurant is very small, only 8 tables. They also have guest rooms. We did not stay there this trip, but one of the owners gave us a tour. We would consider it the next time we visit Vermont.

1 Thank nhvegan
NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing ...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

Went to try their mushroom strudel on the menu we saw in a local restaurant guide. When we got there we were told it was only an entree "It's huge!" the waitress said. So we ordered the entree size to share as an appetizer, and were then told they were out of it. My husband asked if they would just sautee up some mushrooms for him and the chef said "No" but the waitress pushed the mushroom soup and the mushroom caps stuffed with spinach and applewood bacon topped with cheddar...and assured us they were both excellent. They were NOT. Soup was bland and mushrooms were stuffed with mushy overcooked spinach with a thin white tasteless sauce on to - AWFUL! There were 3 of them, I tried one and the waitress asked how it was...I shook my head. She removed theplate with the two remaining on it, but charged me for it anyway. I ordered the "Duck Half with dried cranberry sauce" and receive two duck legs and thighs...apparantly they meant the BOTTOM half of the duck! My husband's rack of lamb was too large to be a young lamb and tough as leather. $235 of bad food. From now on its Hemingway's at that price.

1 Thank greenthumbelina