“Cold food, testy wait staff”
Review of Birch Ridge Inn

Birch Ridge Inn
Ranked #11 of 47 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Vermont, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold food, testy wait staff”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The owners were very welcoming and friendly. That was the only good part. First, we were told we would be eating in the bar. The chairs were VERY uncomfortable for eating a meal. The bartender/wait staff seemed bothered by us and unfriendly. I would call her cordial. The food was cold when it arrived and definitely not worth the price tag. I would not go back, a big disappointment.

• Visited April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Connecticut
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My favorite restaurant got flooded out and the Birch Ridge Inn was recommended. I ate in the bar but it wasn’t like eating in a bar. it was more like being a guest in Mike and Mary’s home. I was welcomed by both. By the time I left it felt as though we were friends.
I had a salmon dish. Very nicely prepared and presented though I thought slightly over cooked. While I was generally very pleased with the meal, I wasn’t blown away as I feel I would have been at my first choice. But this meal was nearly half the price at $70.00 tax and tip included. No desert or appetizer, but two glasses of wine and a salad.
The Birch Ridge is the kind of place that you are very comfortable recommending or returning to

• Visited February 2013
Rhinebeck, New York
“Very good food and service. Will return.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had never discovered this restaurant in our prior trips to Killington (of which there are many) due to the fact that it is off the main Killington Road. We are glad we found it and gave it a try. Nice selection of wine, beer and menu items. Service was very good. Very nice place. We will return.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“High class”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Im a VERY picky eater and as soon as i looked at the menu i didnt think i was going to find anything i liked. escargot, duck, caviar i thought to myself "oh god what did i do" lol i found a steak thank goodness service was great food was awesome. MUST MAKE RESERVATION BEFORE GOING.

Visited February 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Probably the best restaurant on the access Road”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food is excellent and varied, the service is good, the drinks are hearty, the atmosphere is warm and the innkeepers are charming. We would definitely go there again.

• Visited February 2013