“Waited 2 hours for a table...they should take bookings!”

Wobbly Barn Steakhouse
Ranked #16 of 48 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Arrived around 8:30pm for dinner, it was presidents day weekend so understandably busy. Tried booking lots of places but only place you could book had no availability. We knew it would be busy everywhere so decided to stay.
The poor girl taking bookings was being hassled by everyone, I did feel sorry for her but her timing estimate was way out. We were told up to an hour wait but it was actually just under 2...after a full day skiing and an early start, we weren't even hungry by the time we sat down, and had a few drinks...maybe this is their plan!
Steaks were good but quite expensive. I had the shrimp pasta which was $33-really not worth it, the pasta was overcooked but the 5 shrimp were nice (probably the most expensive shrimp ever).
The salad/soup/bread bar was great.
The prices are way too high for the area but food was good, just make sure you have the filet mignon or new York strip.
I wouldn't really go back, wasn't amazing.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Food was extremely expensive for sub-par food and service. Pretty sure my garlic mashed potatoes were from a box. Waitress ignored us for the most part. Can I have my $100 and wasted night back, please? I'd much rather go to Applebee's.

1  Thank Shootingstar2428
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Great steaks and lamb chops. Salad/soup bar fresh and varied. Service was very good.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great all you can eat salad bar comes with each entree, which serves enough soup and salad for an entire meal (15 dollars if you want only that). The soups change daily. The chili was excellent. The steaks were excellent. Our kids loved the top sirloin on the children's menu; so much so, that they would not let us eat elsewhere the next evening. The scallops were delicious. This was a popular place, and the crowds can be thick, but we found that if you get there around 5 pm, you can get a table right away. A half hour later, and the wait time may be up to 1.5 hours. The dessert choices were also great: we had the mousse, mud pie, creme brulee, and apple crisp. All great.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Been there many time - prime ribs are as good as ever and just about best I've had. Nice atmostphere in restaurant too. Great bar scene for thos that want.