“Great prime rib”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Been there many time - prime ribs are as good as ever and just about best I've had. Nice atmostphere in restaurant too. Great bar scene for thos that want.

There are newer reviews for Wobbly Barn Steakhouse

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Known to many as the spirit of Killington, the Wobbly has always combined the rough-and-tumble ski town image with amazing food. I've been visiting the Wobbly for two decades, and it's changed a bit over the years. After transitioning to ownership by the resort, it has taken a much more upscale direction. Provided, it's always been a respected steakhouse, but you'll see a bit fancier menu with prices to match, and no more sawdust on the floor.
In years past during that transition, I had some meals here that were just okay and prices edging up each time, but we kept going back for nostalgia. We kicked and screamed a bit at the changes coming to this good old friend - and then shut up, took a bite of our steak and lobster, and fell in love all over again.
Wobbly has hit their stride again and has put their money where your mouth is, so the 'upscale direction' has turned out great.
The best of the Wobbly has remained: great food, excellent service, and a ruddy old barn that somehow stays standing. (And the soup, salad and bread bar! Praise the ski gods!)
The menu has seen some new items (plenty of seafood selections and I think I may have even seen some vegetarian options) The prices were a splurge for us, but I feel my meal (8 oz filet and lobster tail, $54) was well worth it.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

If your a college student looking for a good place for entertainment, this is the place to go. Far better than the Pickle Barrel, which was the first stop on our trip and was dead. We decided to eat at the Wobbly barn since we planned on sticking around for entertainment. Here's a hint, eat in and they waive the cover, which is worth it. Yes, the food may be expensive, but it was great and definitely filling. They have a nice soup/salad/bread bar bar available. The staff was nice and friendly and seated us right next to the fire. Afterwards we headed upstairs. The bartenders were friendly and chatted with us before the band started playing. I can't remember where the band was from, but they played covers, mostly rock and mixing in some rock/pop songs. Look forward to stopping in next year.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

More up market to the majority of restaurants in the area, but still very relaxed? Soup, salad and bread are included with the purchase of an entree.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Get there early, if at least to put your name in and grab drinks at the bar, as this place fills up quickly and the food/ambiance allows for lingering. Great selection of steaks and other meats, delicious fresh artisan bread and of course, the salad bar which will easily fill any hungry stomach. Also can't go wrong with the garlic mashed potatoes as your starch side--I almost ate it all before I started on my half-rack of ribs. Younger and wilder crowd fills up the bar upstairs and makes for a great night of drinking and dancing if that's what you're looking for. Great waiter (Andrew) who was very friendly and accommodating (there were 8 of us). Will def eat there again next time in Killington!