“Overpriced bad food”

Ranked #25 of 47 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: One of Killington's oldest restaurant has opened. A Wide Selection of Craft Beers Gin Kitchens Proper Gourmet Burgers The Very Best Great Steaks The freshest Fresh Seafood (including Vermont lobster when in season). Local produce. Fun and family friendly. A Magical place to eat and drink. A unique restaurant built around an 1876 railroad caboose and a 1910 railroad snowplow. Sit in the upper level of the snowplow or caboose and get a great view of Killington, eat in one of the many unique lower areas or have a drink at the historic bar.
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I can honestly say this was most likely the worst steak I have ever had. The service was pretty good but the food was terrible. The baked potato looked and tasted like it had been sitting under a warmer for the majority of the day. This is a place you would take your kids but anybody else probably won't enjoy it. Also, be prepared to hear a horrid "train whistle" every time some kid leaves the place. Overall, not good at all. Would not go back.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

After a long ride to the killington Classic bike rally we wanted a good meal and some relaxation. We picked Casey's knowing that the food would be good and the atmosphere laid back. The burgers were great and we had the sweet potato fries which were also good. Our waiter Duffy was the best! He really made the evening. As we left he gave us a coupon for a discount at Wally's for breakfast which made this even more of a bargain.

Reviewed January 27, 2010

Being a big fan of chicken wings, I draggeg my group to the happy hour there. Was very happy with the result. Ate copious amounts of wings, and washed them down with a few Long Trails on tap- excellent combo. Bartender was very friendly and helpful, and she gave us good advice for the balance of our stay. As we enjoyed the evening, we found ourselves surrounded by locals and tourists mixing easily, and had a wonderful time. I plan on making it a regular stop when in the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2009

This is my first review. I worked in the Restaurant biz for 10 plus yrs so I feel I have pretty good mistake, I didn't get her name. So long story short. They wouldn't honor gift certificates that they said they would honor over the phone. 2 weeks and several hundred miles later a manager comes over I find out it's the holiday of dec 29 th. Really?!?! What holiday!?!? Xmas!?!? New yrs?!? He didn't give a $&@( If I left. I wanted to leave. Believe me. My friends were hungry so they ordered. Never , ever goin back. There are of course better options. Which I will be frequenting instead. Thanks duff for informing that the crab legs were out well after we let the managment know we had a gift certificate. Figures. After some posturing we were granted use of one. If we sat at a different table we.could have used both. So in ending I gave our unused cert to the table next to us. Here's to ya caseys. Now last in line for my to eat at.

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first visited Casey's but was very pleasantly surprised. I ordered the sauteed pork and it was perfect. The ambiance, service, and especially food was superb. I Will definitely come again

Been to Casey's Caboose? Share your experiences!