“Pet friendly but pricey and dated.”
Review of Chalet Killington

Chalet Killington
“Pet friendly but pricey and dated.”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We decided to stay at the Chalet Killington because they are a pet friendly hotel. Well my first impression after charging $420 for Friday and Saturday night to my credit card was that the place really needed updating. The door to the hallway was like an ill fitting interior bedroom door with a lock which was not much better than a key lock to a pantry. If I didn't have faith in fellow travelers, I would have been nervous sleeping there with my familiy. My dog stayed up for me anyway. I think I would have been a little more forgiving if the room rate didn't sting so much. I didn't do much comparison shopping so that was another factor to my disappointment. It's a good party hotel for singles, though. The houskeeping staff walks your dog while you are out so that is a positive.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed January 15, 2011

If you are looking for a simple, comfortable, quality place to stay in Killington, but don't need the over-the-top resort amenities some people look for these days, the Chalet is the ticket. I stayed with them a week to begin my year, and had such an enjoyable time. The breakfast is excellent, the shuttle service is great, the half-price apps from 3-6 are always a ready treat after a full day on the slopes, and the hot tub is there for when those days out catch up with you.

Overall, one of the most pleasant places i've had the pleasure of staying at any ski mountain anywhere. Thanks to everyone for such a great stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
NYC
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Pretty much what the title says.
We spent 5 days there and it was awesome.
Our dog would spend the entire day hanging out behind the front counter and loved it.
If your expecting five star, do not go here.
If your expecting a place that makes you feel welcome and you look forward to hanging out after riding all day, this is the spot.
We loved it, the dog loved it, and cannot wait to go back.
Everyone there was awesome.
The burrito spot there is also amazing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
rghioui
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I like my night at this lodge, for price-earning ratio chalet killington is very good idea.
I recommand it for short stop

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Nicely situated, close to the mountains, this hotel offers great value. The stuff of the hotel can not be more friendly. The first night we had some problem with the heater and the reception desk person gave us a portable heater to use The complimentary breakfast was amazing and every morning we had the option to chose our own breakfast based on personal preferences. The ground level is converted into a play room with table tennis and pool for recreational purposes. The jacuzzi, sauna and the outdoor swimming pool were very clean and well maintained, rarely used by the other visitors , my wife and I took advantage of those perks after a long day of skiing in the mountain.
I highly recommend that hotel, it is great value for the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Falll River, MA
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We are at Chalet Killington as I write this. Well really what more could you ask for, a room for a great price, you can bring your dog and awesome breakfast every morning along with free wifi & superb location & a crackiling fire in the lobby when you get back from skiing? Although it is not luxury it has everything you need for a great ski vcaction. We had no problems with service at all. The room had 32 inch flat screen. Loved the breakfast! you can have justy about anything you want from pancakes to omlettes to over easy , french toast, bagels blueberry panckes and more! we didnt use the pool yet but iut looks nice...and we plan on using it tonight...We will definatley come back here again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2010

this is one of the worst places i have stayed in killington vt. the service was okay in the beginning but, we had to leave (thank god) because of all the dust. The owners would not refund our stay which was very unprofessional considering we got ill due to the dust and conditions. in addition the doors were not equiped with dead bolts and peep holes makeing your stay unsafe. ( also not meeting safety standards). many other reviews rave about this place but its terrible. that is probably the owner posting those reviews. the staff is not true to their word and over all staying there is very uncomfortable. i would recomend the northstar hotel ot the killington grand hotel. ( those two are great hotels with friendly staff and clean conditions).

• Stayed December 2010