“Our Killington Home”
Review of Chalet Killington

Chalet Killington
Reviewed December 22, 2008

Just returned from Killingtons 50th birthday weekend and 4 nights at Chalet Killington. The experience was awesome. I've been going to Killington twice a year for the past 5 years and I always stay at Chalet Killington. They're located right on the mountain. Your car won't be warmed up by the time you park slopeside. After the trails do the 10 step tiptoe to the outdoor heated pool or relax in the hot tub. Next chill fireside in the lounge or head out to one of Killingtons famous clubs or restaurants. All the best places are seconds away. Or minutes if yer walkin. Wanna stay in for dinner? They have a bar and restaurant on the main floor. The rooms are clean, comfortable and most have a mini fridge. The staff is friendly and you can always find the owner around. The thing I like the most is the homey feeling I have there. It doesn't have the sterile feel of many corprate or chain establishments. The price is right (and includes a made to order breakfast) and they're pet friendly. Overall I love this place and will definately go back.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2008

I must admit, I was a little worried when I read some of the previous reviews, having already booked our stay at the Chalet Killington, but we were pleasantly surprised. My husband and I and our teenage daughter stayed for 3 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. Our room was large, comfortable and clean, and most importantly, the bed linens are very clean. I have stayed in pet-friendly hotels before that gave me the creepy-crawlies, but this is not one of those places. Housekeeping attended to our room daily (sometimes more than once) and left us multiple sets of clean towels per day. The front desk staff was very accomodating and offered to walk our dogs for us while we were out enjoying the slopes. The free breakfast was way more than the "continental breakfast" I was expecting and included hearty helpings of eggs cooked to order, sausage, bacon, pancakes, french toast, and fried potatoes in addition to the normal english muffins, bagels, coffee and juice...all served with a friendly smile. After that breakfast, we often didn't need to eat another meal for the whole day, but if we did, the Baja Burrito portions were huge and cheap (and half price from 3 to 6 PM)! We also enjoyed the indoor hot tub and the heated outdoor pool as well as the game rooms on the lower level. There was cable TV and free Wifi as well as great views of the mountains from our room, individual thermostats in the rooms, and just plain old fashioned friendly customer service. This place is not fancy, so if you are looking for fancy schmancy, go elsewhere, but the Chalet Killington is perfectly fine for a family ski vacation, and if you are traveling with the family pups, I think you'd have a difficult time finding a more accomodating place to stay!

My only real complaint is that one of the other guests apparently walked off with one of our towels (which we had brought from home after reading one of the other reviews which stated that there were no towels...) while we were in the pool.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2008

My husband and I spent 3 nights recently in Killington over thanksgiving weekend with our two pups. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. They let our pups hang out at the front desk while we were out on the slopes. The rooms are clean, good breakfast, location to the slopes is great, margarita's at the Baja Burrito are pretty good too! Would definitely come back here and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2008

That was worst hotel in killington for my last 5 yrs...
NO room service !
NO telephone
NO towels
NO outside pool
NO exhaust fan in the toilet !!!!!
Broken lights
Broken TV remote
Broken window blinds
and no wall insulation !
I spent night listening my neighbour vomiting after his party !!!
girl at front desk just gave me a beatiful smile...

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank ski000012
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Owner was friendly and helpful. Easy to find. Good location. Room was clean, good nights sleep, hot shower and best of all my dog was welcome.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2008

David, the owner, was more than kind. He offered us many rooms to look at, moved a refrigerator into our room while we unpacked our car, constantly offered us assistance and friendly conversation. He even came out with towels when we stopped for a swim in the pool on our way out of town (after we had checked out that morning)!

The rooms were a little old...but everything worked, there was a kitchen available to us, a small, but nice swimming pool, and the friendliness of the staff made us feel very comfortable.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed December 29, 2007

i have stayed at the hotels up and down the mountain access road to Killington. There are no Westin, Hyatt, or 4 Seasons in Killington. But for my money, Chalet Killington is best than all the rest. Its clean, friendly, and very accommodating to my family's needs. I have stayed there multiple times and have never been disappointed. Big pluses are the skiier breakfasts, hot/hot jacuzzi, heated outdoor pool and closeness to the lifts. It is not fancy but if you want a comfortable place to recover from a hard day on the slopes its all you need. Also, the Mexican Resteraunt their is Killer.

Stayed: December 2007