“Super accommodating for our anniversary / Spartan Beast weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chalet Killington

Chalet Killington
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Super accommodating for our anniversary / Spartan Beast weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were in a pickle. The room I thought I had confirmed from another place disappeared and I was 5 days away from the hardest race of my life. I called/emailed the Chalet knowing they were showing booked but hoping they maybe would have a cancellation. I got a call back with them working really hard to find us a place to stay!!! They worked hard FOR ME to get me a place to stay and it was hugely appreciated.

We wound up in one of their house rental properties and it was PERFECTION! They even left us a bottle of wine and a "Happy Anniversary" note as well as a nice welcome note on the door.

We brought our dogs with us who were perfectly happy in the "Big House".

That morning we woke up, went to the front desk of the Chalet to meet one of the owners. He was super nice, remember my name, my husband's name, and my dog's names!!! He congratulated me on finishing and welcomed me back for next year! Super happy with our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a house separate from the Chalet. If you have a bunch of people coming, maybe ask about...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This has become our Killington Resort Home. I and my fellow professional snowsports instuctors love this place and the people that run it. In short, they are our adopted ski family. For the last 3 years we have stayed with David and his staff at his classic lodge. We travel from our resort in PA (Liberty Mtn. Resort) near Washington, DC to attend the PSIA Pro Jam in Decmeber. As soon as we pull up they makes us feel right at home. In short, I can find enough or the perfect words to discribe our stay, but one word comes to mind.....home. The facilities are not the super upscale style lodging, but we do not want it to be. It has that feel that lets you know you are here to relax, enjoy the mountain, and the wonderful people. Before you know it, you are a local complete with a wonderful Vermont breakfast. They alway go above and beyond our expectations each and everytime. Even if we are traveling solo, with our families, a couple, or as a large group.....this is our main HQ for Killington. If you want to feel what made skiing in Vermont a wonderful event then you got to stay here. It is old school vermont, and that what makes it wonderful. Oh and the resturant serves wonderful food and drinks and provides a great apres ski location to mingle with locals and other snowsports lovers.

I would give it five stars but improvement is needed...lol. The pool could be a few degrees hotter....lol. Other than that perfect...so stay here and you will be in the family too.

Take care David and see you next ski season as always.

Russell Fleming
PSIA Ski Instructor
Liberty Mtn. Resort (PA)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ghettobanker
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We got a good deal on our nightly rates, and based upon that, I think its a great place to stay. The breakfast is really good- basically, you can order whatever you want and it will be made freshly in the kitchen- and the location is great, very close to the mountain. The walls are very thin an we had a problem our first morning with people next to us snoozing with the alarm going off from 5am to 8am. We talked with the front desk and it didn't happen again. The hot tub is small but great after a day of skiing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We loved our New Year's trip to Chalet Killington!

This place is just what a ski spot should be. It looks like a chalet. Nothing fancy, and the rooms are basic. The skiers' homemade breakfasts are incredible. The staff is friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the hot tub, pool, and ping pong. The location can't be beat. The new chef makes very good TexMex. It's friendly, warm, and just right.

Suggestions - they could use a new thermostat for the hot tub and pool as the temperature varied a lot. They need to resolve the hot water for showers as we never had a decent hot shower.

Be advised there are lonely dogs who bark until their owners return, so loving dogs is helpful.

We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed between Christmas and NYE. What a great time. The Chalet, while a bit old, was very clean and comfortable. The people were here were extremely nice, courteous and attentive. The perfect place to retreat to after a long day of skiing. Was able to enjoy a fe drinks by the fireplace with our dog in tow. The included breakfasts were delicious. The Baja Burrito was outstanding, We will definitely be back,

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room above the restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter R
Falll River, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was our second time at chalet killington. The owner was very nice and wanted our stay to be enjoyable. We brought our dog and she had a nice time also. When I booked my reservation I really didn't pay attention to the breakdown of the charges until a few weeks before we went.

When I looked more in depth at the charges the tax looked like it was 20%. I asked about this and the office person sent me an email back telling me that the tax was 10% and that they added 10% gratuity and that it was policy on all reservations.

Well I looked on their website on the policies page and no where did it say that they add a 10% gratuity charge. I sent them another email saying I didn't like having this added as I tip according to service. They did remove 10% from my total balance due but had I not asked about this I would have been charged this extra 10%.

Also they have envelopes in the room for you to leave a tip for housekeeping which I don't think is right if they are charging people 10% gratuity already. They did include breakfast in the rate and as most people do you leave a tip for your waiter too.

I enjoyed the place and location the food was good and the owner very friendly but I don't appreciate them trying to add gratuity without telling me...if I didn't ask what the breakdown of the charges were I would have left tips for housekeeping and the breakfast people on top of the 10% they already took out! We did not tip housekeeping this time because they only made up our room 1 time during our 3 night stay and I dont think that deserves a tip...we did however tip the breakfast people everyday.

The place does need to be updated as far as bathroom fixtures and things like that. It seemed to be clean. It is an older style chalet but like I said we do like the place but didn't like the hidden charges this time around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank naturelover1870
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was our souther dogs first trip to the snow and what a perfect place to do it. Chalet Killington was clean and friendly. Breakfast was great and the staff and David help make us feel at ease leaving our four legged son while we hit the slopes. The property is perfect for dogs too with a large field next to the pool for fun romps in the snow.
Truly a ski bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor. Lots of stairs for ski boots but also far from the fireplace and late to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeni B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Highline Lodge
Highline Lodge
#2 of 15 in Killington
4.0 of 5 stars 32 reviews

Been to Chalet Killington? Share your experiences!