Butternut Inn and Pancake House
$65
$89
Killington Grand Resort Hotel(Killington)(Great Value!)
$168
Hotels.com
$150
$99
Val Roc Motel(Killington)
$75
Happy Bear Motel(Killington)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspancakesplace to stayexcellent breakfastcomfortable bedsaccess roadsnow stormshower headhot waterbed and breakfastjimskiingfoundryaccommodationswoodgames
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We booked the Butternut Inn through Killington's Snow Blind deal. We were not pleased with our stay at all. Though we were looking for the basics (clean room, breakfast) our experience was unpleasant. Our room did have clean sheets, but the quilt had stain on it. There was hair in the shower and on the walls of bathroom. The shower curtain had stains on it and needed to be replaced. I had left a note for the cleaning person to replace quilt and shower curtain, as we were staying one more night. In the morning at breakfast, my pancakes were raw. My expectations were low, but the last blow came after having skied all day, coming back to our room, found that no one had come in to clean. The beds had not been made up nor the bathroom cleaned. Therefore, no one saw my note requesting new quilt and shower curtain. I sought out Jim and asked him if his Inn provided housekeeping. He replied, "You arrived late last night (8:30 PM) and I did not send anyone in your room today. A lot of times guests have their things spread out all over the rooms and don't want us coming in and cleaning. I will send someone in tomorrow morning." Well thanks a lot Jim, but I am only booked here for one more night and won't need a clean room tomorrow. He did offer to move us to another room. By then it was too late, I wanted out. Jim said he would refund our last night and at 6PM after having a long day on the slopes, we were looking for a new room in town. Our day was saved through Killington Central Reservations and we ended up at a very nice, clean, welcoming Inn down the road.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara L
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Went to Killi last sunday and stayed at the Butternut. Had read the reviews here and was quite happy. Our host Jim was very,very friendly and casual.
Rooms were simply appointed and clean but for tired skiers they are perfect.
The pancakes were great and if you can do a second serving at least you can ski them off later...
Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We recently spent four nights at The Butternut. We really enjoyed our time, and the breakfast cannot be beat!! The location is GREAT and Jim, the owner, is extremely accommodating. We brought our three year old son, and Jim wanted to make sure that we had things for him to do. We took him up on a couple suggestions and were very pleased! The Inn is very basic, but has everything you need. There is a nice size refrigerator in each room, which came in very handy, especially when traveling with a child. We will not hesitate to stay at The Butternut next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed at the Butternut last weekend in January, and while the rain and warm temps made skiing a bit disappointing, my experience at the Inn was anything but. Jim, the owner/manager warmly greeted us as we arrived. He gave us a tour of the inn and immediately corrected a miscommunication regarding the type of room we'd requested. Our first day there the mountain had unexpectedly closed for skiing leaving us with nothing to do. Jim, also a concierge, apparently, gave us great ideas for activities during the day and directions to get there. I should also mention that the already very inexpensive rooms come with a full breakfast in the dining room from 7:30-11:00am. My room was clean, spacious and the beds were comfy. While certain aspects of the inn are dated, it's clear that money had recently been put into updating the rooms, judging by the new beds and flat-screen TV in the room. Only a couple negatives come to mind: Low water pressure and lousy shower head in the shower, but plenty of hot water, thankfully. It was very hot in the room. Granted, it was in the mid-high 30's during my time there, but even after turning the thermostat off, I had to open a window to keep the room cool enough to be comfy at night. I've stayed at some of the most expensive condos on the mountain as well as some pretty run down motels, but my experience at the Butternut was by far the warmest, friendliest experience at Killington.

Room Tip: Pick the 2nd floor rooms facing the front of the building for a walk-out deck and back door exit directly to your car.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank George V
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Butternut is the only place to stay if you're going to Killington. Jim, the owner makes you feel like you're in your own home and is very gracious. There are shuttles to and from the mountain and the Butternuts' breakfast can't be beat!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends