All reviews the outdoor heated pool skiing hotel couple of nights dry sauna rooms are comfortable minute drive we've stayed shuttle bus after a long day ski trip balcony slopes vermont season
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Mountain Inn is an older Inn. The rooms are small with few amenities. The common areas are not inviting. They are often closed (locked) and inaccessible except in the evening. However if you want see the Killington slopes when you wake up in the morning and be able to fall out of bed onto the ski lift then consider The Mountain Inn at Killington. The rooms are noisy and the bedding dated but they are warm (many are equipped with gas fireplaces). They do offer a free breakfast and if you are only their to hit the slopes this is the place. Best for young adults no children. The service was responsive and helpful.
The Inn could use a complete makeover!

Room tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was a bit nervous about staying here since it was a bit cheaper than the other hotels and it rated a 3/5 stars at the time we booked. Anyway, I wanted a low price place to stay for an impromptu ski trip and it did the trick.

A few highlights:
- room super clean (this was my main concern)
- gas fireplace in room (wasn't expecting this)
- heated pool is nice (didn't try the sauna)
- the bar is fun...caught a good blues band
- staff is nice and accomodating (we added a 2nd night and they made sure we got the same room)

In general, the place has a nice vibe and is close to the mountain. To be fair, I read a review that complained that the walls are paper thing. I have to agree with this, but it didn't really bother me.

Usually, if I do a weekend in VT I'll rent a house with friends, but if I ever want to come up short notice I'll probably stay here.

Room tip: Ask if it has a fire place...they might all have one, but not sure.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Staff was nice but hotel was run down. Wouldn't eat breakfast there. Good location. No elevator .... had to carry bags up three flights of stairs. Good band at bar but could hear the music from our room.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The location of this inn couldn't be better! Close to skiing, restaurants, shopping, etc. & there are shuttles to/from also. Could the hotel use some updating? Sure, but we've also stayed at some 4+ star resorts & hotels that were in need of updating.

The front desk personnel were all very friendly, helpful & informative. We arrived VERY early and were allowed early check in with no pronlems! we actually enjoyed the decor - it felt like a ski lodge should feel! Our room was basic but served our needs! With so much to do in this area, hopefully you will only be crashing in your room just in time to fall into bed & sleep! Beds were pretty comfy & we had a great view of the mountain. Breakfast buffet could easily be better ... Fruit and eggs would be a welcome addition for our group! Access to upper floors could be difficult for some (stairs only - no elevator) but we managed with no problems. It was sub-zero our visit so the outdoor heated pool was closed, which was a disappointment to the two teenagers with us but they got over it pretty quickly in the sauna :). Will we stay here again - ABSOLUTLEY! Already trying to figure out when we can come back!

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed January 20, 2013

What can I say about the Mountain Inn...
First off, the staff were super friendly and accommodating. They were always willing to help out wherever possible. The rooms were OK. They were clean and relatively well maintained, but outdated. We still had a CRT television in our room! The one thing many people rave about on this site was the location - and although it is the closest hotel to the lodge other than the "Grand" - I wouldn't call it walking distance if you consider you would have to wear/carry your gear for the 1/2 mile or so trek to get to the lodge. We drove over every morning and could easily find a spot (during new years). In the evening you had to drive to get to any of the shops and restaurants - but that is the way the town is set up. The free breakfast was adequate, though the waffles were quite good. They could add a little more to the hot items - some bacon or sausages would be good - and their choice of baked goods was very basic. Do not expect anything satisfying. We found the bakery and the grocery store in town on the second day and stocked up on some stuff for the rest of the trip. The biggest disappointment was the pool hours - closed at 7PM like everyone says. Even if it were open, the deck area was not maintained at all. The bar was great in the evenings.
If I can recommend one thing - bring a humidifier. The rooms are not airtight, and the heat is electric and gas fireplaces. My wife and I were up 3 or 4 times the first night guzzling back water because we were so dry. The rest of the week, we each took long showers before bed with the bathroom door open, and that made it more bearable.
Overall - given the price - the Mountain Inn is a good value.

Date of stay: January 2013