“Homey Vermont Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grey Bonnet Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killington
Grey Bonnet Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
Paterson, New Jersey
“Homey Vermont Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've been coming to the Grey Bonnet Inn for several years now. The owner, Paul, is always accommodating and offers great service. The hotel has a homey Vermont feel that makes your stay even more enjoyable. I travel to Vermont to get away, relax and unwind and the hotel's warm feel just lets me do that. The property offers free breakfast, indoor pool, a hot tub, sauna, and a cozy bar for those who are too worn and tired to venture after a long day on the slopes. It is off the beaten path, but relatively close to the mountain (I would say a 5-10 minute drive?). If you are looking for a low-key quiet stay, I would recommend staying here. The only downside for some travelers is that they don't provide shuttle service to the mountain. This is not an issue for me since the drive is very minimal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kurt H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Glen Rock, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Booked a last minute trtip to killington with my family and found 1 room left at this in. Read reviews and was skeptical but after staying this was a wonderful surprise. Inn is perfect
Location next to,all the restaurnats near the mountain. Inn itself is very cozy has a. Ice ledge feel has a warm firelplace and seating area to come to beautifully decorated with some rustic pieces. Breakfast was an added bonus with fresh eggs and pancakes everyday. Owner is on premise all the time and service is very friendly. The room had all your basic amenities and was comfortable. Overall had a wonderful stay and will he back,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
oxford uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and whilst I have rated it average I would happily stay here again. I would have said excellent value if that's how the ratings worked as for the price its great. It is not overpriced like many places in Killington. The facilities are fine and though the pool etc is now closed and evening catering is minimal (though we ate out anyway) the bedrooms are good with basic but perfectly functional bathrooms. Over Christmas the breakfast was buffet style -limited choice and a bit repetitive if you're there for a few days but plenty of it and tasty. The bar and lounge are nice spaces to spend time. If it had a few more bells and whistles and updated the décor I would certainly rate it very good or excellent but Overall as it stands a good place to stay- clean, warm and comfortable.

Room Tip: first or second floor rooms better than the basement.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wheretonextOxford
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at Gray Bonnet Inn this past weekend. I frequently travel to ski resorts and this place is the only resort that I have found that does not let you keep your equipment in your room. The owner makes you put your equipment in a room that is "locked" though he does not check in any equipment and when I asked if the equipment was unlocked and unattended at any point he said yes. (He needs to serve breakfast) I felt uneasy leaving my snowboard in that room so I locked it up on my car and in the morning my snowboard plus another guy's board was stolen. The owner completely disregarded our boards being stolen and said it wasn't his problem.It seems like it was an inside job if you ask me. My sister had called the owner later that day and he refused to speak to her and hung up the phone. Who hangs up the phone on someone especially an owner of a business? He probably hung up because he knows he does not own a reputable facility. The owner is a crook (which if you read other reviews is a common theme) and does not care if he pleases his customers. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CD576
GreyBonnetInn, Manager at Grey Bonnet Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
The guest reported in the morning that his snowboard was stolen from his car, which was parked in a full parking lot 20' from the front entry door. Minutes later a board was reported stolen from the equipment storage room. The police were called & arrived to manage the theft of the reported missing boards. Obviously we are very upset & concerned about this; in 16 years we have not have had one theft of any kind in this Inn.

Travelers are raving about these Killington hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This place is extremely old and dirty, but cheap given its proximity to the Killington resort. And generally I have no problems staying in crummy places on the cheap while skiing as long as I know what I’m getting in to ahead of time. However, this place is one big lie and the owner is a crook. If you look at the website for this place you’ll see a ton of amenities listed, yet all of them are closed (there’s no Swedish sauna, not exercise room, no pool or hot tub). They’ll quote you one price when booking and then stick you with a bigger bill because of a mysterious 10% gratuity charge. Grauity for what?! Terrible service? I’m not sure why this place gets such glowing reviews, but don’t believe the hype, this is place is a dump! The night we stayed there, it snowed over a foot and the owner did not bother getting the parking lot or the driveway cleared. Instead, he gave customers a shovel to dig out their cars. For the same price you can find much better accommodations directly on access road and know what you’re getting into. Take a look at the "nice" photos on the website and notice how most of them are very 70’s looking – must’ve been the heyday of this place and unfortunately since then it just dilapidated. Buyer beware, all you get is a dirty old room at this place.

Room Tip: The weekend we stayed here, we were the only people in the place, so there's plenty of rooms ava...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Andrei B
Fleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was the last of three hotels we stayed for the autumn (fall) season this year - and what a good find!! Located just outside the more busy 'mountain road' area this was a VERY friendly and comfortable hotel.
The staff were very friendly and very helpful offering suggestions as to locations/walks etc - some of which can be accessed directly from the hotel.
The room was a reasonable size (without tea/coffee maker - but see my review of The Merrill Farm Inn, N. Conway) but the hot breakfast was made to order and very good with unlimited coffee!
We stayed towards the end of the season, so unfortunately the Restaurant did not open in the evenings (except on our last day - Saturday of the 'Columbus Weekend') which was a shame as the food on Saturday was hot buffet style with unlimited visits allowed - several choices offered. Food was excellent and was an unbelievable $14.95 each (plus drinks). What a bargain!!
Evening meals required a trip up the mountain road or into Rutland which had several restaurants in on route.
Lovely quiet and friendly hotel which made you feel 'at home' from first walking in the door.
We will return to this hotel as soon as we can!

Room Tip: No experience - we took what was allocated and were very pleased.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evad_M_99
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Grey Bonnet for just one night. We pulled in off the road weary travellers, worried about where we were going to stay. What a find, a warm welcome, a clean and spacious room with a host that really could not have made us more welcome. A lovely quaint Inn and a great hot breakfast too. Just a pity we could not have stayed longer. If we ever venture back to Vermont we will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends