“Delightful experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sushi Yoshi Chinese Gourmet Hibachi Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delightful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Yesterday we came in to celebrate my birthday. The 12 of us sat at hibachi. Although we were over half an hour late for our reservation due to car trouble the management made sure we still were able to sit and enjoy the show. The selection of draft and craft beers was incredible. I enjoyed trying Burlington brewed Switchback on draft while browsing through the extensive sushi, chinese, and hibachi menus. We settled on a few of the "chef specialties" rolls as our appetizers. The K-town roll was my favorite. The hibachi chef was a hoot and kept evertone laughing throughout the meal. The staff even brought me a tempura fried ice cream to finish off my dinner extravaganza before hitting the bar scene. All around Sushi Yoshi was a great experience with great staff!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
SushiNate, Owner at Sushi Yoshi Chinese Gourmet Hibachi Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Sorry to hear about the car trouble. But I am glad we salvaged the night for you. Our dining experience at the Hibachi tables is truly a "show" and I'm glad you got to experience that. Happy Birthday, and thanks for taking the time to review us!

near albany
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great food. Too crowded for us to get a reservation so we had them deliver to our Killington ski condo which was a wonderful treat. Not too many places deliver in Killington so it was perfect. We got food for 8, tried lots of different dishes and it was all delicious. We had both Chinese and Japanese; their menu is quite extensive so it was hard to decide what to order but it was all fabulous. Portions were good size; had leftovers. Also had sushi which was fresh and tasty.

Visited December 2012
Thanks a lot for taking the time to review us! I always like to hear about people enjoying our food of course. Your review is especially encouraging, because you had takeout. A lot of times when you pakage food togo it doesn't do it as much justice as getting it straight from the kitchen in our restaurant and sitting down here. We have really honed in our takeout food service to accomplish the same affect as our sit down food in the restaurant. It sounds like we met our goals with you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks again!
Lynbrook, New York
“Family Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family and I had came into Sushi Yoshi after a day on the hill. We were recommended to try this restaurant after we grabbed sushi from their stand at K1 Base Lodge. The girl working the stand gave us a 10% coupon and a menu and told us all about the hibachi and both chinese and japanese entrees. Since we have two children my husband and I were excited to try it. We made a reservation for hibachi and were seated by a friendly girl was the hostess and she seated us promptly. A younger woman came and took our drinks order and informed us that only half our party needed to order hibachi in order to sit there. My kids got hibachi meals and my husband and I ordered sushi. We got the alaska, philadelphia, fire dragon and the dragon roll. Being from Long Island we were hesitant to order sushi from Vermont but we were delighted when we did! The rolls were fresh and of a decent size. The black pepper tuna in the fire dragon roll was very tasty and I wish we had ordered just the black pepper tuna for our appetizer. The kids meals were very large and the kids couldn't finish it! We all enjoyed the show and the chef was very friendly! The people who brought the waters over were kind enough to refill the kids soda too. All said and done, we had a great time and the food was very filling! We will be sure to visit Sushi Yoshi when we come back to ski!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to review us!! I am so glad you liked it here. We truly give our best effort everyday.. and its really nice to have it recognized. Around these holiday times we really recognize how we are to have such an amazing staff. Its customers like you that make it worth while for all of us! Thanks again for your kind review.
Morrisville, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you like Asian Food, then this is the place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Sushi Yoshi strives to give its customers an authentic Chinese/Japanese experience. The food is excellent, love the appetizers and the sushi is fresh. I have been to Japan and the sushi rivals any that I have tasted. The chef if always designing new and exciting rolls and sauces for the Chinese dishes. The hibachi tables are so entertaining with chefs who truly enjoy what they do. I love the fresh meats and fish. The service is excellent and the ambience perfect. Take the time to visit if you are ever in Vermont.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SushiNate, Owner at Sushi Yoshi Chinese Gourmet Hibachi Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review us! I appreciate you saying we rival authentic food in Japan. That is a true compliment !!! It sounds like you have been here quite a bit.... We appreciate that also. Please introduce yourself the next time you are in, I would love to pick your brain about the food you tried in Japan!!!!!
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and quick service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Sushi Yoshi is a great place for unique sushi. Being from Boston we often try different places around the city and Sushi Yoshi rivals many of them. The sushi was fresh and they had a special roll called "Snow White" that had king crab in it and was excellent. We were in Killington for a girls weekend and a few friends wanted to try hibachi as well as sushi! That was no problem at all here. The service was excellent and the portions were huge! We all had leftovers to bring skiing the next day. Sushi Yoshi has a huge menu and tons to offer!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SushiNate, Owner at Sushi Yoshi Chinese Gourmet Hibachi Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. I am so glad you enjoyed our place. We work hard to give our customers the best possible experience. It really gets us motivates to hear such a great review....thanks again!!!