“Do not stay here!”
Review of Cedarbrook

Cedarbrook
Reviewed March 3, 2013

It may be tempting because of the price, but do not stay here. The staff is very rude. There is an older gentleman who is simply grumpy and just completely unfriendly. Rooms are blah. If you have nowhere else to stay and are looking for a shack for just the night, this may work for you. On a positive note, Killington was great and snow was perfect!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cruunited

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Love to stay here at cedarbrook...rooms aren't fancy but they are big very clean and have mini kitchens..some anyway... The pool/ giant hot tub outside is awesome..closes too early but..
Close to Killington of course, pico and okemo...excellent conditions and excellent bars/ restaurants in area..some w free shuttles!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel was very close to the skyship lift and offered everything you need for a great place after being on the mountain, The kitchen and flatscreen tvs were very nice. The pool is something you must do after a long day. The water was perfect!! I recommend this to anyone staying in the area. It offers clean safe rooms that are like a 2nd home. The bbq restaurant across the street and the long trail brewery are great places to fill up and are very close by. Stay here and love it.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom option with full kitchen is perfect for family or friends getting together
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank clayowl64
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel was nothing more than a motel with connecting rooms.I wasnt expecting fancy but nor was I expecting a glorified motel 6. When I came to check in the staff was rude and not at all helpful .Later that night I called the front desk to ask for more towels and the person I spoke to yelled at me "NO". The only good thing was the location. It is about a 10 minute drive to the Snowshed/Ramshead base lodges. The heat did not work well for the first day we were there and we were freezing that first night. The bedding was not in good condition. The beds and the pull out couch were very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ilana5055
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights on a family skiing trip. The location is great--VERY close to Killington Skyeship lift--one or two miles at the most. You have easy access to the trails at the rest of the resort, and especially our favorite, Great Eastern.
They should really have more pictures because the rooms are decent--freshly painted, new faucets in the bathrooms, new carpet, etc. Not fancy, but well maintained and clean.
We had a one bedroom with a "partial kitchen". This was a fridge, microwave, and sink--no stove. You could cook if you like, but we went out. There was also a sofa bed, so you could probably sleep 6 because there were two full bathrooms. DVD players were in the living room and bedroom.
The front desk staff were polite and more friendly than I remember in this area. Check in was efficient. We didn't use the pool because we forgot our bathing suits--we needed it after skiing all day.
The only complaint I have is that we booked the one bedroom plus a separate standard hotel room, and they weren't adjoining--they were in a separate building.
There is a nice "babbling brook" in the back of the hotel. If you open a window, it's very pleasant. It's too bad the units don't have balconies to enjoy it more.
We had a nice stay, and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: The one bedroom with the partial kitchen has two full bathrooms. This works great for a family.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aggy12
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went to this trip on christmas day, returning on the 28th.
I was hoping to go snow tubing since we have 4yo and 3yo, but it was disappointing that
Killington mountain didn't have the park open due to lack of snow.
But they had the snow storm on our return day. Good for them!

CHECK IN:
Check in was very smooth. Staff couldn't be more friendlier.
There was nobody in front of us so it was nice and quick!
Nothing complicated, you just get your keys to your room after a credit card imprint.
They good old traditional keys to the room, not like the credit card ones.

ROOM:
We had one bedroom unit with partial kitchen, but it was more of two hotel rooms connected.
I'm really not a fan of kitchen/livingroom combined type of unit but this was exactly like that.
Think of it as two hotel rooms connected, but one room has the typical hotel room layout with two double beds and TV with bathroom and the other room with sofa, TV, dining table, kitchenette area and a bathroom. I really didn't like the layout but it was very clean throughout.
The only other thing was that the heat didn't get warm enough until the next day. It's the old heater type that sits on bottom of the floor below the window.
OH, They had this ski resting cabinet by the door, which was nice!

BEDDING:
I have to say that both beds AND the pullout sofa was the most uncomfortable bedding ever!
I'm seriously not a picky sleeper who sleeps well in a $50 per night motel room, but here- all three of them were impossible to get a good sleep. Both me and my husband couldn't sleep. I end up sleeping on the sofa, without the beds pulled out and since I took the sofa, my husband had to take the bed. Kids didn't complain cuz they just passed out. Sheets and linens smelled clean but they really got to change the beds. It was the oldest and the most uncomfortable beds ever. Seriously... PLEASE BUY SOME NEW BEDS!!

KITCHEN:
It was just a small kitchenette area but they were stocked well, enough for 6 people.
Decent dishes, bowls, cups and utensils but extra small sink was a big minus. (its like the tiny medical office sink)
Also, you only have the microwave to cook anything so it was basically well stocked kitchen with no utility to cook anything. They did have microwaveable plastic pots but microwave itself was old so it took sooo long to make anything.
They had coffee maker and a toaster as well.

BATHROOM:
CLEAN. Nothing fancy but did like the red light with the timer that warms up the bathroom.
It was very useful to dry swimming suits!

SWIMMING POOL:
Oh gosh,, it was the most unique experience ever!
First outdoor hot pool experience!
Temperature was in the single digit, but once you get into the pool,
you're warm, and eventually get hot. Kids enjoyed the pool but they complained
that they were too hot- wanted to come out of the water.
I was afraid that they might catch a cold but, they were just fine.
Christmas lights were there so was surely very romantic as well.
I think pool hours were 3-10p, perfect for after ski treat!
There's a hot room where you can quickly get undressed and just run into the pool to enjoy!

OVERALL:
Although I hated the beds and the kitchen,,, it was a pleasant trip after all.
We were disappointed that they didn't have enough snow for snow tubing but
resort had free sleds to borrow so we end up sledding on the resort!!
It was free and fun enough for my little kids.
They have a small recreational area with free book, dvds, board games, water and coffee under the main office. Same area has the workout equipments so don't forget to stop by!
Oh, did I mention that there's tiny river passing by right at the resort?
It was very pretty to look at from our window, thought it would be very nice in the summer.
They had picnic tables and grills by the water.

Although it wasn't perfect, staffs were super friendly- it was like a family resort.
If this resort works for your budget,,, go for it! =)

Room Tip: Go with the Queen suite with full kitchen if you like to cook! One bedroom, doesn't really mean...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank elleno
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Not sure what one of the other reviewers problem with this hotel is. Stating the Drive to Killington was to far....Skyship express is not much more than 1 mile up the road and gives you full access to the rest of the mountain, and I even walked back to the hotel carrying my ski's one time in about 30 minutes in a snow storm. The hotel is average accomdations with above average service. Great location and accomadations if your on a budget. I stayed here for 4-5 days while skiing with my 2 bestfriends and we hit the heated pool (Which was GREAT after hiting the slopes hard) and way better than trying to cram a bunch of people into 1 little hot tub like most resorts try to do, every evening before going out. We're trying to book here again we enjoyed our stay so much. The rooms were clean and functional.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends