All reviews dozen rooms apres ski walking distance large hot tub great room world cup bars and restaurants mlk weekend living room kristen fireplace vermont heat sofa
Reviewed September 8, 2017

Booked a room for a really busy weekend through Hotels.com. They showed availability and was able to book the room to find out a day later that there was no availability. We knew we had to book as soon as possible and this left us scrambling. Really bad practice to not manage room inventory well - buyer beware!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2017

I booked a room through a third party (Travelocity, I believe) and received an email a couple hours later saying there was a problem with my method of payment and to call the Highline Lodge to retain my booking. I realized I'd likely used an expired/canceled card by accident and called to give them a valid credit card number to resolve the issue. No one picked up, but it was 10 minutes before the end of their office hours, so that wasn't a big deal. I left a voicemail explaining the situation and requested a call back to make sure I was able to keep my reservation. Having not received a call back the next day, I reached out again around 11:00am, but no one picked up. Figured they must be busy with another customer. Rather than leaving a second voicemail, I opted to reach out the Reservations email address provided in their voicemail message so they could respond at their leisure. another day passed without a return call or a response to my email. I tried to call again, but again, no one answered the phone. At this point, it's safe to say that I don't think that my reservation for tomorrow has been confirmed. I had to reach out to another hotel for accommodations for this weekend. I understand being busy and not able to answer the phone, but as a business, you should be returning customer calls and inquiries within 48 hours, maximum. Especially when they pertain to a booking. I can't recommend this hotel to others knowing that it's impossible to reach the staff. Based on other's reviews, it seems it was equally difficult to reach employees even on location.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank RobotsAteMyArms
Reviewed July 16, 2017

We arrived a little after 4Pm on 7/8/2017 no one to be found anywhere. After finding some one and checking in they disappeared again. We had to go find them so we could have towels and toilet paper. Never go any sleep as the caretakers were up all night just outside our window smoking and drinking till 3 AM!!! No AC or screens on the windows. Place smelt like pet piss. Will not go back

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2017

We weren't very happy with our stay. It started when we arrived at our super tiny King bed room. First of all the room is so small there is almost no space to put your skiing gear or shoes. Then we looked at the bed, it looked messy, we found hair in it and stains on the pillow, like somebody has slept in it. The front desk girl claimed that the hair comes from the dryer and the bed was freshly made. But she brought us new bed linen. Later we figured out that she was probably right, it looks like they operate their lodge with a crappy washing machine and crappy dryer and don't even bother ironing the stuff. Not very professional.
Also we had zero room service during our three day stay.

Did I mention that the rooms are tiny? Needless to say, you can hear EVERYTHING that is going on in the neighboring room, almost unfiltered.

On the positive side, the pool and the lobby lounge were nice.

In summary, for the price they charge, this place should be in a better shape ("newly renovated" as the website claims is an euphemism) and should offer more.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rennsemmi
Reviewed February 2, 2017

I visited Highline Lodge for a birthday party weekend with about 15 friends. Our stay at the lodge was amazing! They have a giant outdoor jacuzzi/pool, game room, and huge Great Room with fireplace and live music. The staff was amazing and did everything possible to ensure we had an awesome time. We had a big dinner in the restaurant as well and it was the best food I've had in Killington. I definitely plan on going back!

Date of stay: January 2017