“Great place for family with teens”
Review of JAX Food & Games

JAX Food & Games
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 20, 2012

On our annual summer trip to Vermont, my friends and I were looking for a place to eat where we wouldn't have to nag the kids about being loud and acting like only teenagers can. Jax was perfect. Great pub food at a reasonable price. The kdis were able to wander around and play video games and pool while their food was being cooked. The staff was smart enough to give the kids their own table beside the adults, far enough away from the bar for the kids but close enought for the adults to enjoy the band and bar t.v.'s They dropped off a pitcher of soda for the kids and were very patient with them. The parents got to hang out and relax listening to the band play and the kids got to hang out doing what they liked.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Leslie - was our waitress - the lobster dinner - 1 1/4 lobster - corn cob - 3 boiled red potatoes
cole slaw -

Wine was great - but my long trail beer (blueberry) was great!!!!!

no rush - lesiure lunch or dinner -

you can wash your laundry downstairs - and have dinner upstairs.

This was a great place - the sandwich the other table had was BIG.

1  Thank Irish451006
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Among all the restaurants I've tried during the 7 days we stayed here in Killington, this is my favourite. Make sure you try the Jax Gyro, its exceptional! Staffs there are extremely friendly and fun. Big thank you to Leslie there who served us 4 nights straight and handled our rather "messed up" orders flawlessly.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Went here a few nights ago and they over charged my card 3 times! Never going to Jax's again had to call to dispute the charges and get a new card so they won't continue to hit my credit card.

Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Interesting comments that you have chosen to write. We would gladly discuss your experience in our establishment., and correct any problems. Often times, credit card companies "reserve" more money then as they are "anticipating" a tip to be added to the card. Further more, our system does not permit multiple transactions on a card. But, we would be glad to discuss the issue with you. Please call our business office at 802.422.9561.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Went there today to do laundry while staying in Killington, and had lunch and drinks while we were waiting. Requested check and paid with Cash Passport Visa Debit Card, which debits instantly. Check was for $36.83, paid the tip in cash.
I happened to check the Cash Passport balance before we left and noticed a debit of $44.20, which is exactly the amount of the check + 20%. The server has obviously paid himself a 20% tip in addition to the $7 we handed him. When we questioned him, he assured us he only put through the $36.83 my husband signed for, and produced the original signed receipt.
I believe he swiped the card twice, and just deleted the one for the lesser amount, possibly assuming we would not check or even notice.
There is no email address on the site, in order to contact the Manager or Owner, as I assume that if I ring, the server will answer the phone. It's not a whole lot of money, but it's dishonest and it soured our visit to this lovely place. My advice: Check all transactions!

1  Thank AdrienneE573
picklebarrel, Owner at JAX Food & Games, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

We would gladly handle any matter you may have had with our establishment. Specially if you felt you were overcharged! Please feel free to call us, at our business office so you we can review your entire sale. Once it is cleared up, I am sure you will be re-writting this review!! 802-422-9561