“Confrontational GM & no hot water - ditto.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Killington Center Inn & Suites

Killington Center Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Killington
binghamton, ny
“Confrontational GM & no hot water - ditto.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

Really liked room,but no h2o pressure. Cold had pressure & there was hot fr/spigot, but not w/pres. to come out of shower head consistently. GM came to "make adjustments", said we must be "city people, unused to rural areas with wells and low water pressure, unable to be pleased", & that the shower had an anti-scalding device to protect us (fr/taking a shower?). When I said I was disgusted with his treatment of the situation, he became belligerent, threatened to have us off the property. He called with options for us to go, w/o telling where, it was after 7pm & we chose to stay. Then he repeatedly asked if we were satisfied with our shower in a bullying way. Very unsettling.
He was annoyed when asked for AAA discount on "holiday wk" at ck-in, too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank DownhillDowntime

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
LuggageEnthusiast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

We made a last minute reservation at the Comfort Inn Killington after a terrible experience at a nearby hotel/lodge (see my review for the Turn of River Lodge). One thing I can say about staying in a chain hotel like the Comfort Inn is that you know exactly what you're going to get, unlike privately owned accomodation where they may or may not wash the sheets. Comfort Inn was impeccably clean, the front desk were so welcoming, and the cleaning staff were smiley. You get free breakfast (including make-your-own waffles) and the shuttle to and from the base lodges picks you up right in front of the building. In fact they will also drop you off at restaurants and bars on the way which came in handy.

I've been coming to Killington since I was a kid and have stayed in lots of places here, from private chalets to swanky condos. Now as an adult on somewhat of a budget I would definitely stay in the Comfort Inn Killington again.

• Liked — It was friendly, clean, great location.
  • Disliked — Can't really fault it, it was reliably low-priced and great value for the area.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuggageEnthusiast
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

My husband's family used to come here every December to ski at Killington (now we are all quite busy). I've stayed there twice - once with his whole family and once with just him. We enjoy it; the kitchens are well equipped and the rooms are clean. I would stay here again, although it is relatively expensive during high season. The breakfast is ok: we got some things from the continental breakfast and then made something in our room too. It is nice to go with a big group of people who you know - when my husband and I stayed there the group of people in the room next to us was quite noisy.

• Liked — VERY close to Killington!
  • Disliked — It could be cleaner
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Tirrelli03
VT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2008

I was in the lobby getting a coffee. There weren't any creamers out on the counter anywhere so I opened the fridge under the coffee counter and took out 3 creamers for my coffee. This guy, the assistant GM verbally assaulted me, made sarcastic snide remarks to my face and more or less showed a total lack of professionalism. The fridge did have an "employees only" sign on it but geez I was just looking for a little half and half to put in my coffee. Its not like I was stealing food or trying to stuff a 12 pack of beer in there. You'd think if it was such a serious issue they would keep creamers out on the counter like the rest of the coffee serving world does. When I told him there was no reason for him to treat me so disrespectfully he wanted to argue about it and he said i didn't deserve it because I didn't ask for permission to open the fridge. (I guess that gives him the right to be a total jerk?) When I asked him his name he wouldn't tell me. He only said he was the God [-] Assistant GM. As for the property. I didn't do breakfast. The bathroom was not cleaned very well and the garbage bins were not emptied. I didn't bother bringing this up management. Figured it wouldn't go over very well given the creamer incident. Place is a little pricey for what you get in my opinion.

• Liked — close to skiing
  • Disliked — management staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank kosvt

Travelers are raving about these Killington hotels

Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

We had two couples staying in two different rooms. Each room was the large room with the kitchenette. The room was pretty nice and spacious. We all had the same complaintes... the water was a little unpredictable and the heater, which is usually right next to the bed, is VERY loud and it turns on and off constantly. A little pricey for what you get I think.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank poohbear79
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2007

The Comfort Inn is one of the few chain motels near the slopes. Its location is close to the Killington lodges. This type of motel fits in very well for the adult skiier or boarder. This is a motel and as such, access to your room is by driving and exterior steps. The rooms are fine and sound does travel from the hallways and other rooms.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2006

I try to give you a review of this hotel to a point - it is a good motel for a money they are asking for a room comparing to other resorts in Killington area. We stayed in lowest time of season - mid September and we were quite satisfied, but once again there is no fancy about this motel - it is upto regular Comfort Inn standards average 2-3 star place. BTW, we stayed in Unit 4 and were the only guests on that particular day, which is good.

Here is my bullets:
- Interior - 3 points - needs renovation but it is in the area with kinda harsh weather, so it might need to be renovated every couple of years. Also it is on the top of the mountian so it has "slow water running" issue, but it is ok, you just need to get used that water is not pouring like from watering hose. You are in the mountains, folks.
- Exterior - 3 points - it is ok-looking complex, not too dark, not to bright, easy to spot on the Killington Road.
- Breakfast - 3 points - despite it is continental, it has make your own belgian waffles option (yummy!), however, regular coffee is plain and not so gourmet as the label claims, but you can always make expresso or latte in the machine next to it. Bagels, muffins were fresh.
- Pool - 4 points - clean and cool (in September).
- Customer Service - 3 points - hotel staff is friendly but not very knowlegable about the area, maybe not local folks
- Wi-Fi Internet - 1 point - it was a disaster on that day - their provider router/gateway was messed up and 4 hours we spent explaining their technical network support how they can fix "their" problem (fortunately we have network knowledge).

Overall, Comfort Inn in Killington Area well worth standard 3 points. We would stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Wi-Fi Internet
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Gracious_Tiger