“Love this place”

and 1 more site!
Inn at Long Trail
Ranked #7 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a great 4 nights here, the rooms are warm and cosey, the lounge and open fire has a homely feel about it, the bar is draped in Irish memorabilia, the food was excellent and the service and banter from Murray, Bob & Owen is second to none. Thanks to the whole team.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The good:
-Super friendly and helpful staff. Okie was warm and welcoming when we first arrived and was always there to offer tips on getting around or little bits of history about the Inn. Owen, the bartender, was attentive and conversational.

-The food is Amazing! Our breakfasts and dinners were included in our room rate. This is an Irish place so I really had zero interest in eating dinner there, mainly because I'm a vegetarian and I imagined the menu to be full of stews, corned beef and Shepard pies. I could not have been more wrong. Not only was there a large selection, but it was presented really nicely and it was delicious. My friend and I were raving about it.

There isn't anything bad about this place, but these are the things we didn't love:
-Our room was clean, but very outdated. It was also set up a bit strange with the sink being in the bedroom, not in the bathroom. Not a big deal, but you definitely wouldn't pick this place for the rooms.

-The location. If you plan on driving everywhere, the location is fine. It's a few minutes off the bottom of the access road. However, if you plan on going out every night, getting a cab proved to be difficult. A lot of the cab companies don't want to drive off the access road so you either have to go home really early before the bars close, or really late after they close (like 3am) - not sure where you're supposed to kill time between 1 and 3am?. That's not ideal. This is not the fault of the Inn but it's something you should know if you plan on having cocktails after skiing and need transportation.

Overall - I would recommend this place to people who prefer skiing and then coming back to their hotel, having a great dinner and sitting at the Irish Pub (live music) for the rest of the night. If you're wanting to explore the bars on the access road, it's not in an ideal location. And if you're looking for modern and fancy - this is not going to be your spot.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BostonLW
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Innkeepers Murray and Patty McGrath have created a wonderful blend of a rustic inn and bed and breakfast coupled with an amazingly authentic Irish pub.
If your looking to spend time on "screens" aka tv, internet, etc, this is not the place for you... but if you want to spend time with family and friend and even make some new friends, then give the Inn a try.
Guests are treated as family and customer service is second to none.
The food in the dining room is excellent... good portions and great taste. You will not go hungry!
The pub is the centerpiece of the Inn, especially on weekends. Murray, Owen and Bob will pour you a fine pint of Guinness at the bar along with other tasty libations.
On Friday and Saturday nights, there is live Irish music in the pub...
The game room for the kids is not your typical hotel game room. It is full of classic toys that date back to a simpler time. Oke, who runs the front desk several days a week is always hunting for new stuff to add to the collection... My son, who stayed here first at 28 days old and is now six, loves that room...
So if your goal is a a place you can relax and feel like you've been welcomed home, give the Inn a try. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank markresc
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I stopped into the pub 10 years ago and promised ourselves that the next time we came to Killington, we'd stay at the Inn. It's taken us a decade, but we are just back from five nights at the inn with our five year old son. We enjoyed our fireplace suite. Roomy yet, basic, it served our needs as a cozy place to relax after a day of skiing. The hot tub located in the main part of the building was large and soothing. Because it was a holiday week, our room rate included a full breakfast and dinner each day. Breakfasts were large and filling with choices from the menu each day except for New Year's Day. In response to the earlier post about no meat for breakfast, I believe the heavy carb buffet is infrequent. They had lovely croissants, muffins, and on all other days, a choice of eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. The breakfast staff, especially Ed, were extremely friendly and a wonderful way to start the day. Each night they took our reservation for dinner which was equally delicious. At times the dining room service was a bit slow in the evening. We also enjoyed a meal in the pub. Now, the pub. Truly a delight! Irish music each night we were there. Dec. 27-Jan 1. Lively, friendly, a wonderful place to relax, enjoy a pint and a bite. The Inn is incredibly family friendly. Our five year old enjoyed every minute in the "game room" which is filled with old favorites like Etch-a-sketch and Foosball. While this is not a new or updated lodge, the history, staff, and family feel gave us the winter break we needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The price and convenience to ski areas are what initially attracted me to the Inn at Long Trail. My girlfriend and I spent three nights at the Inn (27 Dec - 30 Dec) and snowboarded at Pico and Killington. We snowboarded at Pico the first day and decided to go to Killington the second and third day. It was great having the Inn convenient to both locations (less than a 5 minute drive) because we could easily adjust our plans if we wanted to try Killingotn instead of Pico or vice versa. The manager, Oke, greeted us when we arrvied and was very accomodating during our entire stay and was always good for a laugh.

The living room is cozy with a fireplace, couches, board games; a great place to sit and read or enjoy a Guiness from the Irish pub. The bedroom (Country Bedroom) was comfortable, appropriate size for two and clean. Our room had its own bathroom with shower.

The restaurant served delicious, hearty food. Breakfast and dinner were included in our stay. The Irish pub is attached to the restaurant and has live Irish music every weekend. You can also order food in the bar and pay as you go. Owen, the bartender, learned our names the very first day and would always greet us with a smile when we came in for a drink after a long day on the slopes.

Having our lodging co-located with food, drink and entertainment was excellent, we never had to get in the car until the following day when we were back out on the mountain.

I would certainly recommend the Inn at Long Trail, especially to young couples looking for a convenient, relaxing and affordable place to stay. It was definitely worth avoiding the ski in/ ski out places because the Inn at Long Trail was close enough to the slopes at half the price. A very pleasant stay, I will definitely stay here again if I am in the Killingotn area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig W
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I spent four nights in the charming Inn at Long Trail. The accommodations were comfortable, the food is very good, and the staff is warm and friendly. The highlight for me was the bar. I love a good Irish bar and McGraths Irish Pub is a great place to sit and enjoy a drink. The bar tenders are quick with a smile and deliberate with a pint! Do yourself a favor, visit the Inn at Long Trail. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

First stopped in here to visit the pub 35 years ago after a day of skiing. The beautiful wood bar and stone wall in the back give this place so much character. I brought my 16 year old son in to grab a sandwich and he looked around soaking it in listening to the live music and never reached for his cell phone. I always stop in here when I am close enough.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family