WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Summit Lodge & Resort

Summit Lodge & Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Killington, Vermont
“The best place for families and friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

We have been going to the Summit lodge for thirty years and it only gets better with time. We go there a couple times each ski season and it is a great place in the summer. The staff under the guidance of innkeeper Billy is friendly and helpful. Our family knows the building with its many short hallways and assorted sitting rooms so we do not hesitate letting the little ones wander around. The outdoor heated pool in the winter adds an experience we will never forget. In the summer we enjoy the tennis courts, the outside pool, the patio bar, and the beautiful grounds surrounding the Lodge.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Springfield, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

My finace and I stayed at The Summit Lodge the fist week of January and cannot wait to return. There is a cozy quaintness that starts at the big red doors that welcome you and doesn't leave you. The staff was welcoming and remembered you each time you interacted, the food in the Saints Pub was delicious, and the amenities met every need we had. There was no reason for us to leave once we got back from skiing. Whether I was sitting on the floor playing with the dog, curled up on the couch reading in front of one of the fireplaces, or relaxing sore muscles in the whirl pool there was not a single minute of our trip that I wished I was anywhere else. I cannot begin to say enough about them. If you are going to Killington stay here..You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have had many fantastic visits over the years as a guest at the Summit Lodge. The hotel is the quintessential Green Mountain getaway, offering a comination of old and new. The hotel's barnboard and beam construction and rustic decor take the visitor back to an earlier time, while the hotel sports many modern amenities. It boasts an indoor whirlpool and outdoor heated wading pool, a perfect way to unwind after a day on the slopes. The Saints Pub is a fun place to relax by a fire on a snowy night and enjoy food, drinks and entertainment. In the summer, the outdoor swimming pool is a great way to cool off after a game of tennis on the hotel's clay courts. The staff is always friendly and attentive and what's better s better than a greeting from a friendly Saint Bernard in the lobby at check-in, unless it's the panoramic views of the mountains of Killington from the Summit's living room. I'm looking forward to my return to the Summit in the very near future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

great place to stay good food good drinks great spot !!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

My daughter and I arrived for the recent MLK three day weekend to do some skiing at Killington Ski Area. We stayed there since her friend was also staying there.

When bedding down for the evening in room 14, the comforter looked so old and disgusting, it should have been burned. The blankets had cigarette cigarette burns including the extra blanket in the drawer. I was willing to cope, but my teenage daughter was totally grossed by it! The whole room was tired, old and falling apart. Not rustic... What was the worst... The room is up against the main lodge common area with a thin wall between. The noise from the gatherings in the lodge common area by the fireplace was as if it was right in our room. It went on for hours on two of the nights. You could hear the conversations! I complained and they offered to get me to another hotel at 9pm but at a much higher price. They offered us earplugs... They said they would ask the folks in the common room to quiet down. Fat chance! I just put a pillow over my head and dealt with it.

What they did upon my insistence, was gave me 50% off my room rate at the end of the three nights.

They should have warned anyone reserving the room that it was going to be noisy. And don't trust the pics... The place is as run down as it comes. The hot tube is dirty. The air filled with chlorine gas! I wish I kept my Expedia reservation at the Inn of the Six Mountains. It was about the same price and would NOT have been such a nightmare.

Room Tip: As far away from this hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank DPNYC1
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed in room 18. The room was very small and needed updating for quite some time. Dinner was ok. I had the shepherds pie (made with ground lamb) not bad. We ate out after that. Burrito Bar was a hit, Johnny boys for breakfast is a must. After being on the mountain all day, it was nice to have a hot tub to soak in. When you get in for the night, make sure the water is hot and the sauna is working. I had to ask them to turn the sauna on every day and the hot tub twice ( it took the hot tub almost two hours to get hot). The pool was too cold, we didn't bother with it. Free Coffee is ready @ 6:30. Game room was outdated. Dogs were cute and the kids played with them. Fireplace was nice to sit by in the morning with my coffee. All in all, the place was ok.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view if you like a nice scenery.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fiskdale, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I started coming to the Summit Lodge at about 13 with family. Since then, I have returned every year. Now with my own family. They have become our Vt home away from home. We love the ski atmosphere, the friendly Saint Bernards, and it's rustic feel! Thanks Billy, winter or summer the Summit is the place to be.

Room Tip: Not slopeside but they provide scuttle service to mountain.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family