“Killington Grand Hotel Vermont”

Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed a week at the Killington Grand Hotel during March break. The location was fantastic. Just had to walk across a bridge to get to the ski lifts of Killington Ski Resort. Hotel contained everything we needed. They offered shuttle buses to any restaurant on Killington Road - which was a big plus. The service was exceptional. The only drawback that we encountered was that a $157 cleaning charge was added to our bill at the end of the week. It would have been nice if they had informed us of this when we checked in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Canadabrick

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

My first ski hol we travelled from the UK. After the flight the price was very reasonable for delicious breakfast, lovely, spacious room, spa facilities and the only hotel on the mountain. Incredible scenery and beautiful weather most days. Cant wait to return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rugbygirl85
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We just returned from an overall great stay at the Grand, a repeat visit from last year. Enjoyed- the condo with balcony overlooking mountains, the location (which is ski in and out by bridge) the fabulous, generous breakfast buffet, the great little gift shop/ food store and overall hospitality and service from the hotel staff. Minor irritations were: Noisy kids you can hear through the walls( I though he was outside my door, it was so loud) and the freezing breakfast room. As soon as food hits the plates it got cold. If they could fix the noise/ heat issues, it would be perfect. Bonus features of the Grand are the on site Ovations restaurant where we ate well one night and that gift shop which sells really good sandwiches and salads, so eat in one night if you want to.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from noisy families or groups if possible
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed Killington, had great fun skiing. As to the hotel, it's nice, right next to the slopes, good spa and outdoor pool. Rooms are spacious, but walls are thin and you hear everything, from adjacent rooms to people walking down the corridor. Breakfast was a big buffet, which does the job for skiing, but lacks sophistication; served in a meeting room. Overall I was pleased with the hotel, it's a good 4 star standard.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DrPatagon
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My family stayed at the Killington Grand last weekend. I would give this hotel an Excellent rating in every way EXCEPT noise. More on that in a minute.

On the positive side, this hotel has a fantastic location, great amenities and provides wonderful service. From the moment you pull up at the reception area someone is there to unload your car, move your skis down to the ski check area, etc. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. We booked a Studio room. I was a bit concerned about the space/comfort but I was very pleased with the room. Even with both beds out (Q Murphy bed and Q sofa bed) we had plenty of room. Furnishings were well maintained and the kitchenette was well stocked for a very convenient weekend.

The health club, outdoor pool and hot tub could not have been nicer. I visited the spa and had an extraordinary massage.

My only complaint was that the noise level at night was TERRIBLE. It sounded as if our neighbors were in the room with us. They weren't being particularly loud but there is almost no soundproofing.

I would stay at this hotel again, but next time planning on ear plugs and a noise machine to mask the sound.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelly S
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel is nice place and location to ski at Killington Grand Hotel and Snowmobile in Killington as well. Also, when I check in the room the fleece blankets were in the closet. I had to make the bed with fleece blankets on the first night in room 204. The reason was they had to wash the fleece blankets. I asked for extra fleece housekeeping brought only two. When I asked for fleece blankets on the bed when I book this back on June 2013 for Feb 1, 2 and 3. Housekeeping told me they had no fleece blankets. I call front desk and they brought over later that night extra blankets cool. I slept good and my guest did as well. She likes the hotel a lot and pool was great too and gym. If you need extra blankets bring your own since hotel has a shortage of blankets sometime. Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe has more blankets for it guest. I hope next time the blankets on the bed will be at the same level at Killington Grand Hotel since Housekeeping sometimes miss details. I plan to be back in March 2014 to see if Housekeeping can get right next time for me and other guest. To see if Management and Housekeeping pays close to detail. Good hotel with minor issues. If you need to make you bed you might want to bring bedding from home. TIP.

Room Tip: Bring your own blankets since housekeeping gave me lip for asking extra blankets.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I just wanted to mention Chris at the Bellmen/Valet desk. He was so helpful, friendly and professional he really made our trip easier and more pleasant. Thank you for the above and beyond customer service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Duane H, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Amy C., thank you for taking a moment to recognize Chris for his amazing guest service. He is a true asset to the Grand, and I will be sure to share your experience with him and the team.
Best Regards
Duane Hall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Cascades Lodge Killington
#4 of 13 in Killington
Summit Lodge & Resort
Summit Lodge & Resort
#2 of 13 in Killington

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!