“Good hotel and has soft blankets.”

Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel is nice place and location to ski at Killington Grand Hotel and Snowmobile in Killington as well. Also, when I check in the room the fleece blankets were in the closet. I had to make the bed with fleece blankets on the first night in room 204. The reason was they had to wash the fleece blankets. I asked for extra fleece housekeeping brought only two. When I asked for fleece blankets on the bed when I book this back on June 2013 for Feb 1, 2 and 3. Housekeeping told me they had no fleece blankets. I call front desk and they brought over later that night extra blankets cool. I slept good and my guest did as well. She likes the hotel a lot and pool was great too and gym. If you need extra blankets bring your own since hotel has a shortage of blankets sometime. Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe has more blankets for it guest. I hope next time the blankets on the bed will be at the same level at Killington Grand Hotel since Housekeeping sometimes miss details. I plan to be back in March 2014 to see if Housekeeping can get right next time for me and other guest. To see if Management and Housekeeping pays close to detail. Good hotel with minor issues. If you need to make you bed you might want to bring bedding from home. TIP.

Room Tip: Bring your own blankets since housekeeping gave me lip for asking extra blankets.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Killington Grand Resort Hotel

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I just wanted to mention Chris at the Bellmen/Valet desk. He was so helpful, friendly and professional he really made our trip easier and more pleasant. Thank you for the above and beyond customer service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Duane H, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Amy C., thank you for taking a moment to recognize Chris for his amazing guest service. He is a true asset to the Grand, and I will be sure to share your experience with him and the team.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Helpful and friendly service, comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast and great location. Hot tubs, pool and sauna were wonderful and clean and they provide robes and slippers in each room. We were very impressed. We were also very impressed with the maintenance of the ski slopes especially since it rained one of our four days and we were able to ski everyday.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MickShell

Dear MickShell, I am pleased you and your family enjoyed your most recent visit to Killington and enjoyed all of the services that the Grand offers. Our mountain services team prides themselves on the service they offer, especially in adverse weather condition, and will be sure to share your comments with them. Hopefully we will see you and your family again this season.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great location, but it's very hard to get a good night's sleep. There is very little sound insulation so you can hear everything in the neighboring rooms, above the room, and the hallway. The bed was also extremely firm. Overall disappointed given how expensive the room is.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachael T
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This resort is beautiful, perfectly located. Walk to the slopes ..Valet guys were great, always a free shuttle to wherever you want to go. Out door pool and jacuzzis are great after a long day of skiing. Will definitely be back.,

• Stayed: January 2014
Duane H, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Steveny111, Thank you for taking the time to review your New Years vacation at the Killington Grand. I appreciate that you recognized the Valets' for the great job they do, and will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you again for staying with us and hope you will have the opportunity to come back again this season.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Things are looking up at the Grand this year. We spent our third Christmas vacation at Killington because it's hard to beat the available snow for a variety of skill levels plus a fun resort town. As always from reservations to front desk to housekeeping to valets, service was impeccable. Shout out to the valet crew battling severe winds and travel weary guests, they were great (also good with restaurant recommendations for our teens). In the past our gripe was the restaurant, Ovations but things are slowly improving. They've opened the restaurant at lunch time which is nice but the offerings need to be in the mini appetizer field, especially for the late afternoon pre-dinner crowd. We received exceptional service from Joanne, Erin in the restaurant and It was nice finally! to have bartenders with personality (Dorothy & Justin). We visited the Wobbly Barn (a Killington property) for dinner and was amazed by the good food and fun time we had, if only the resort could bring some of that fun to the Grand. Minor issue with getting info from the desk on going to the peak (never mentioned it closes at 3) and some of the shuttle drivers were iffy on directions. Heather in the spa gave a super relaxing facial, perfect after a tough day shopping in nearby Woodstock with hubby. All in all Killington is a nice place to vacation and if they continue to improve the slight glitches it would be a great place to vacation.
P.S. I left my jewelry in the bedside table, after checking out and realizing what had occurred Housekeeping was prompt to answer my request to check the room. They found my jewelry and said they would mail it to me. That was Dec. 30th. I'm hoping to receive my package any day now?

Room Tip: Ski boots can get noisy on the floor above.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our first trip ever to Killington and I was traveling with my 3 children for a 6 night/5 day stay. The Killington Grand Hotel was very well-appointed & clean. All staff were super-friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good, had a wide variety of items and was included in the cost of the stay. We enjoyed the heated outdoor pool and two hot tubs as well as the sauna and gym. Could not beat the location as we walked to/from Ramshead everyday where the kids program drop-off is located. One evening there was an hour program where a naturalist brought in raptors for an educational program. The entire place is kid-friendly and has good amenities and great location. Would definitely return to the Grand.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
#2 of 13 in Killington
Summit Lodge & Resort
Summit Lodge & Resort
#4 of 13 in Killington

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!