“Very nice stay at the Killington Grand. Awesome breakfast.”

Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recommend the Killington Grand for a family ski vacation in the East Coast and for couples if you don’t mind legions of children (at least in presidents week). This is definitely among the best values for slopeside accommodations in the East Coast.

Location
The resort is located a short walk to the slopes. The walk is through a bridge that can get rather icy -so caution is recommended. The resort also offers bus service. Killington is a very nice place to ski, but if I have to choose in the East Coast my preference is Okemo and Stowe.

Room
The studio we stayed was bigger than a regular hotel room with the added benefit of the kitchenette. The bathroom –although small- has two sinks. The place has been renovated and the bedding (Murphy bed and sofa) was surprisingly comfortable. Very clean and good bathroom goods. Flat screen TV and dvd player. Large safety box. Wifi was complimentary, fast and reliable.

Service was overall very good, efficient, enthusiastic and cordial. However the valet service was understaffed, so be prepared to park the car yourself and bring your luggage to the room. Both times at check in and check out it was rather chaotic. The few guys that work there, were very nice but not enough personnel. I would have given the place five stars if it weren't for this issue.

You can leave your skis and boots in a staffed locker room. The skis were always delivered promptly and the space to put your boots on, large enough to handle the crowds at pick times.

Amenities
Very nice spa and gym. Large outdoor heated pool with view to the slopes. Two large outdoor whirlpools. The whirlpools tend to get crowded and full of kids. Not very relaxing when kids jump on the hottub or throw snow balls. Also the temperature should be set up much warmer. When resorts are going to find out that little kids do not belong in hot tubs?

Nice common areas, particularly by the fireplace.

Restaurants/Bar
The restaurant was very good and definitely worth a visit. Excellent ribs, fish and fresh salads. However this is a family place so expect the occasional screaming child, plenty of ipads with video games and the like. Not a very romantic atmosphere the days we were there but excellent food and service.

Breakfast
The included breakfast buffet deserves it own section. Awesome. One of the best egg stations that I have ever visited, including delicious waffle station. Fruits, freshly baked muffins, potatoes and much more. Extraordinaire service. It really helps you delay the lunch and ski through lunchtime avoiding the crowds.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Smertios, Thank you for spending the time to write about your experience at the Killington Grand and reviewing all of the amenities that we have to offer. This feedback allows us to review all of our services, and see what we can improve on or what is working. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed many of our amenities, especially the breakfast, and I have shared your comments with our team so we can work on the challenges that you encountered during the heavy check in and checkout times. Thank you for sharing the awesome photos and hopefully we will see you again on your next vacation.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just completed a trip to Killington. On a last minute decision we decided to see if there was any availability at the Grand Resort. The hotel staff set us up for 3 nights slope side ( 5 in our family ) at reasonable discount from advertised rates during the middle of school break week. The last night - we even got upgraded to a suite. The rooms were very clean, the staff were high spirited and courteous, the indoor/outdoor pool was a hit with the young kids in mid-winter, the breakfast buffet included with the room was great, a kitchenette in room made our lunch at the mountain economical, and all within a 100 yard walk to the ski lift. We will be back again. Thanks Killington Grand Resort!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Jay C., I am glad to see that you decided to give the Grand a try and that you and your family enjoyed all of our amenities, especially the pool which is definitely a hit with kids and adults alike. Hope that you will be able to visit again this year, if not next.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been coming to the Grand every year since it opened. My family and I always enjoy our stay. It's at the base of Snowshed, so you can walk right to the lifts. The resort has an outdoor heated pool and hot tubs (along with steam room and sauna), which are perfect after a long day on the mountain. They also have a nice gym, restaurant, spa, and sitting areas with fireplaces. If you go to the bar, say 'hi' to Ron. They also offer complimentary valet and place to check your gear. Can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear ChantalTravels, I am glad to see that you and your family are enjoying the amenities at the Grand and that you have made us “one of your favorite places”. Our family here prides themselves on the service they provide and appreciate that you recognized Ron for his. Thank you again and hope we will see you soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here mid Jan during midweek, it's walking distance to the lift, services and staffs are very helpful and awesomely friendly! we booked a studio room, it's very comfortble, clean, has a window of mountain view facing the lake and lifts, it's a great view. there's a mini kitchenette stocked w pots and utensil that i was able to use to cook and reheat the food we have. we had problem w our heating unit on one night, the problem was addressed immediately and friendly. There are 2 hot tubs and a good size heated pool connected together overlooking the mountain, it's well maintained and clean, i had a great time soaking myself in the hot tub every evening after boarding. there's also a room w staffs that you can leave your equipments when you first enter the building so you don't have to bring your equipments to your room. I would definitely go back for its location, amenities and friendly services/staffs. Do look for midweek deals though cos we got a pretty good deal which also comes w complimentary breakfast each morning w daily specials.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank karrylistic

Dear karrylistic, Thank you for staying with us this vacation, and for commenting about all of the services that we have to offer. We look forward to your future visits and hope that you can take the opportunity to come back this season; if not perhaps we will see you next year.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here with 2 friends. I was a little worried given some of the reviews, but it was a great trip all around. When we checked in we were upgraded to a 3 bed room (rather than 2 beds and a cot). Great start. When we got to our room we were surprised to see it wasn't cleaned from the previous people. This was disappointing but after a quick talk with the front desk we had a $30 hotel gift card to spend at the bar while we waited for our room to be cleaned. It took about 30 minutes (2 drinks, lol) and we were in our cleaned room. I felt they adequately compensated us for the issue. The room was nothing fancy but worked out just fine. Plenty of space with a "full kitchen" and handled all our needs. Everything else about this place is AWESOME! The very short walk to the lift is so convenient! This alone is the sole reason you need to stay here. The heated pool, hot tubs, sauna, and steam room were all very nice after a long day skiing. The breakfast buffet is above average to me. All the basics needs and good quality. It's not the best food you'll ever have but it is well above what I expected. There are plenty of options, if you can't find something to eat here then you're way too picky. I'm not sure what else to say so ill sum it up with the fact that if I come to Killington again I won't need to research where to stay, the grand resort is my Killington resort!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Steve S, Thank you for taking a moment to talk about your visit. I do apologize that you had a challenge getting into your room at check in and appreciate that you recognized the staff for their efforts in trying to make it right. I am glad to see that you and your friends enjoyed the amenities that we offer and that you have made us “your Killington Resort”.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here with 3 others a few weekends ago (Fri-Sun) for a Ski Weekend - booked on the Killington website & did the ski & save package & got a great deal on the room & lift passes for both Sat & Sun. The hotel is charming - room was nothing amazing but totally fine for what we needed. The ski check was a great feature & it was just a 1 minute walk across the little bridge from the hotel to the slopes. From other reviews I was thinking it was going to be a longer walk across the bridge but it was really very short & coming back from the slopes you could actually ski across it. Breakfast buffet included both mornings was good. Will definitely be staying here next time we come up to Killington.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Stephanie , I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your ski vacation with us at the Killington Grand, and was able to experience some of our features including ski check and our breakfast buffet. I appreciate that you took the time to talk about our ski packages and I hope you and your friends with be back soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at this resort during a management retreat a couple of weeks ago. I must say I was impressed, even after the 3.5 hour drive from Boston. The thing that impressed me the most was the staff. From the front desk ladies who changed my room immediately after check-in (due to some very poorly behaved children next door), to the team to presented our buffet food services, to the guy who was patient when I reported that a light was out (my own stupidity, mind you) - it's the people that make this resort great! The rooms are very clean and neat; nothing fancy, but you don't need fancy when you're out skiing all day. Most rooms within the main lodge have connecting doors, so beware of noise from next door. The walls and doors are thin. The bathrooms are small, but have been remodeled and are modern and very clean, and there is a second sink outside of the main bathroom. I'm always picky about water pressure and bathroom linens - no complaints here. Bedding was clean and comfortable. Nice, fluffy robes were in the closet to keep you warm after a shower. TV channel selection was better than my normal Hilton brand hotels. Wi-fi throughout the resort was strong and responsive. I also used the shuttle service to get a ride to a local restaurant - even those guys were great. One suggestion is for electrical outlets. I had a difficult time finding plugs that weren't behind a desk, dresser or nightstand. With the plethora of devices I needed to charge, I had stuff plugged in all over the place. A centralized charging spot on the desk would be really nice. I did appreciate the iPod/iPhone dock. The only other "complaint" was the temperature of the Oscar Wilde meeting room. The temperature inside the room was very chilly, to the point where many of us went back to our rooms to get more sweaters and socks. Maybe that was our management's way of keeping us awake. In any case, I believe I can speak for my team when I say we had a great experience at Killington. It would be nice to visit here again when I'm not working!

Room Tip: Beware of connecting doors and thin walls.