“Will def stay here again”

Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here with 2 friends. I was a little worried given some of the reviews, but it was a great trip all around. When we checked in we were upgraded to a 3 bed room (rather than 2 beds and a cot). Great start. When we got to our room we were surprised to see it wasn't cleaned from the previous people. This was disappointing but after a quick talk with the front desk we had a $30 hotel gift card to spend at the bar while we waited for our room to be cleaned. It took about 30 minutes (2 drinks, lol) and we were in our cleaned room. I felt they adequately compensated us for the issue. The room was nothing fancy but worked out just fine. Plenty of space with a "full kitchen" and handled all our needs. Everything else about this place is AWESOME! The very short walk to the lift is so convenient! This alone is the sole reason you need to stay here. The heated pool, hot tubs, sauna, and steam room were all very nice after a long day skiing. The breakfast buffet is above average to me. All the basics needs and good quality. It's not the best food you'll ever have but it is well above what I expected. There are plenty of options, if you can't find something to eat here then you're way too picky. I'm not sure what else to say so ill sum it up with the fact that if I come to Killington again I won't need to research where to stay, the grand resort is my Killington resort!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Steve S, Thank you for taking a moment to talk about your visit. I do apologize that you had a challenge getting into your room at check in and appreciate that you recognized the staff for their efforts in trying to make it right. I am glad to see that you and your friends enjoyed the amenities that we offer and that you have made us “your Killington Resort”.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here with 3 others a few weekends ago (Fri-Sun) for a Ski Weekend - booked on the Killington website & did the ski & save package & got a great deal on the room & lift passes for both Sat & Sun. The hotel is charming - room was nothing amazing but totally fine for what we needed. The ski check was a great feature & it was just a 1 minute walk across the little bridge from the hotel to the slopes. From other reviews I was thinking it was going to be a longer walk across the bridge but it was really very short & coming back from the slopes you could actually ski across it. Breakfast buffet included both mornings was good. Will definitely be staying here next time we come up to Killington.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Stephanie , I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your ski vacation with us at the Killington Grand, and was able to experience some of our features including ski check and our breakfast buffet. I appreciate that you took the time to talk about our ski packages and I hope you and your friends with be back soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at this resort during a management retreat a couple of weeks ago. I must say I was impressed, even after the 3.5 hour drive from Boston. The thing that impressed me the most was the staff. From the front desk ladies who changed my room immediately after check-in (due to some very poorly behaved children next door), to the team to presented our buffet food services, to the guy who was patient when I reported that a light was out (my own stupidity, mind you) - it's the people that make this resort great! The rooms are very clean and neat; nothing fancy, but you don't need fancy when you're out skiing all day. Most rooms within the main lodge have connecting doors, so beware of noise from next door. The walls and doors are thin. The bathrooms are small, but have been remodeled and are modern and very clean, and there is a second sink outside of the main bathroom. I'm always picky about water pressure and bathroom linens - no complaints here. Bedding was clean and comfortable. Nice, fluffy robes were in the closet to keep you warm after a shower. TV channel selection was better than my normal Hilton brand hotels. Wi-fi throughout the resort was strong and responsive. I also used the shuttle service to get a ride to a local restaurant - even those guys were great. One suggestion is for electrical outlets. I had a difficult time finding plugs that weren't behind a desk, dresser or nightstand. With the plethora of devices I needed to charge, I had stuff plugged in all over the place. A centralized charging spot on the desk would be really nice. I did appreciate the iPod/iPhone dock. The only other "complaint" was the temperature of the Oscar Wilde meeting room. The temperature inside the room was very chilly, to the point where many of us went back to our rooms to get more sweaters and socks. Maybe that was our management's way of keeping us awake. In any case, I believe I can speak for my team when I say we had a great experience at Killington. It would be nice to visit here again when I'm not working!

Room Tip: Beware of connecting doors and thin walls.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear mercurysqueen, I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and I appreciate all of your observations, because they give us the opportunity to exceed our goal of creating a memorable guest service experience for all of our guests. I can see your point about the outlets and will look into how we can provide more of a centralized location for charging cellphone, computers, etc..; thank you for the idea. I hope you are going to get the opportunity to come back and visit outside of work, and when you comeback we will make sure to keep the fireplace nice and warm so you don’t have to freeze again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hotel rooms are more like an apartment with kitchen area, lounge etc. each floor has a vending machine and ice maker. Has a huge public lounge with balcony and open fires. Spa and pool are great you can swim out to the the outside pool and jacuzzi even when it's -10 degrees. Pools nice n hot. Great games room for kids and only 2 min walk to the slopes and chair lift. A must for a family ski holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the ski slopes.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nice facilities with well done renovations to the rooms. Fitness center is well equipped and the outdoor heated pool and 2 hot tubs add to the resort feel.
Very clean, with lots of staff visibly maintaining good standards all the time. The fluffy housecoats are a nice touch, except when housekeeping removes by mistake.

Lots of choices at the breakfast buffet ( hot and cold items). Location on hill is great, a bit of a walk over bridge to lift.

Like everything at Killington, things are pricey.

As others said, can be noisy, especially rooms with adjoining doors.

Only pet peeve is they don't want you to wear ski boots between rooms and ski check, but then have a sign that hotel is not responsible for shoes left in cubby holes. Inconsistent policies.

Have not been to Killington for many years, mainly because of difficulty getting decent but reasonably priced accomodation. We really enjoyed the Grand, the price is not bad for Killington, and we enjoyed the whole experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tastest

Dear tastest, thank you for taking the time to recognize our most recent renovations, as well as the amenities that we offer to our guests, including the robes and breakfast. I have shared your comments with the staff and appreciate that you spoke of their hard work. In regards to your concern about the ski boots, we have reviewed our policy, and have made some changes in our signage, so guests are aware that we offer boot storage service, but can still bring them to their rooms if they wish. Thank you again for the observations and I am glad to see that you had enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time here. Two night stay, skiing both days. The rooms are nice. Glad to have an in room safe to lock up stuff while at the mountain. Very convienent access to the mountain. A short walk across a bridge and you can slap on your skis and head up the mountain. The staff was very courteous. Loved the heated outdoor pool. Had a lot of fun using that in the evening. A lot of fun to be swimming like that in the snow. The included breakfast was pleasant and substantial. Overall it was a great experience and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Chris_P, thank you for staying with us during your ski vacation; we are glad that you enjoyed our convenience to the slopes as well as our heated outdoor pool. The pool is definitely one of our top features and it is great to see our guests relaxing outside under the stars almost forgetting that they are surrounded by the snow. See you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We've stayed at the Killington Grand a few times now and there is no other hotel option that beats it. From the minute you pull up to the doors to the time you leave, you are well taken care of by the hotel's staff. The rooms are designed with the skier in mind- plenty of hooks and shelving to hang all your gear- complete with full kitchens and great bedding. The included breakfast buffet the next morning is really top notch- eggs, bacon, sausage, omelette bar, fresh waffles- plenty to fill you up for a long day on the mountain. However, the best part of the Killington Grand are the outdoor hot tubs and pool. There really is nothing like soaking away your aches and pains in the warm, in-ground hot tub with direct views of the mountain. There is also a sauna and steam room, outdoor fire pit, and huge fireplaces in hotel lounges. Finally, the location can't be beat. Although not technically ski-on/off, you just have to cross a small bridge to get you right to the Snowshed lodge. They also had a ski/snowboard room in the back so you don't have to lug you equipment up to the room. Definitely recommended for families and couples.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators, so rooms can be a far walk.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikeflies

Dear Nikeflies, I appreciate that you took a moment to talk about your recent visit to the Killington Grand and recognized what our team tries to create. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy all of the amenities that we offer, especially the outdoor pool, and hope you will have the opportunity to come back and visit us again this season.
Duane Hall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Cascades Lodge Killington
#4 of 13 in Killington
Summit Lodge & Resort
Summit Lodge & Resort
#2 of 13 in Killington

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!