Cascades Lodge Killington
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$65
Killington Grand Resort Hotel(Killington)(Great Value!)
$168
Val Roc Motel(Killington)
$75
$84
TripAdvisor
Killington Motel(Killington)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubtrundle bedwithin walking distancerams headwho caresshuttleslopesskiingproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The lodge is quite nice and the room was huge. We stayed during the fall foliage season and the place was not that busy. We enjoyed the wonderful view from the balcony.

The continental breakfast was a bit disappointing as it was only cereal and coffee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked this place online through one of the travel search engines. Honestly, not sure which one I ended up finalizing the reservation through. Room was an acceptable price at two nights (Thursday/Friday) for $270 total before taxes. Upon arrival, she confirmed two adults, but I was standing there with my son. She asked if he was staying with us. I said yes. She said the reservation was only for two. I explained that the children were included, and I even indicated their age online. She became argumentative and told me I could not check in unless I immediately paid an extra $120 for the two days. I assume this was to pay for the 'free' breakfast. Considering we had just traveled seven hours, and the kids were tired, I paid it and told her I would take it up with the booking company and my credit card company after the trip. She continued to argue and asked why I would be disputing it. I told her it was no longer her concern. With this increase in cost, it was no longer a value, as I could have stayed at the Pinnacle condos 500 feet away and had my own kitchen, bedroom, and fireplace.

I've stayed at this location before when traveling with just my son, primarily because of the indoor pool, which was in pretty good shape for the age of the hotel. We returned mostly for this reason again because we had my daughter along as well (kids love hotel pools). Last trip, we had some issues, but I did not review it at that time. I decided to give it a second visit before I dismissed the problems as a one-time fluke. This trip confirmed they were not. The water in the hotel is outright disgusting. It tastes like very salty ocean water. Whether from the faucet, shower, or anywhere else in the hotel. You can imagine how nasty their breakfast coffee is. Make sure you bring plenty of bottled water if you waste your time and money at this hotel.

The temperature in the room - both trips - could not be controlled. We actually had to sleep with the sliding glass door open two feet just to make it tolerable. Several outlets in the room didn't work. The hotel is severely dated, but that isn't a deal-breaker for me. It would just be nice to see some improvements.

While the pool was fine - nothing special - the jets in the hot tub did not work the first night. The second night, they were functioning when we got there, but they stopped working shortly thereafter. The front desk attending wandered in while we were there, and she explained that that happens when a lot of people are in there and get out at once. She indicated it trips a safety mechanism. First, that is ridiculous. Second, two (slightly above average weight individuals) were the ones using it prior. If two people getting out of a hot tub at the same time causes it to stop working, time to call a repairman.

Maybe I've been watching too much Hotel Impossible, but this hotel reminded me of the ones they showcase on the show. There were little 'nitpicky' signs all over the place. 'Don't open this door or you will pay $2,500 minimum.' 'Sorry, we no longer accept coupons.' 'Don't use this (randomly placed bucket in the hallway) for anything but recycling - no diapers', etc.

Also not sure how older people can stay at this hotel, having to lug equipment up two floors with no elevator. I only whined slightly, but I'm in my 30s. Ten more years and the whining would have increased tremendously.

All in all, the stay amounted to nothing more than an inconvenient hassle. The proximity to the mountain is the only saving grace, and there are many other places I will choose from in the future, as Cascades is done for me.

Room Tip: Request the lower floors as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank OTPBTown
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I checked in and had just put our stuff down in the room. Unfortunately, we had to leave within 20 minutes because of a medical emergency with one of our children who was back home. The General Manager, Amy, refused to give us even a partial refund or credit whatsoever even though our stay was on a Sunday night and the place was not even half booked (so they would not have been able to rent out the room anyhow). All we had done was sit on the bed for a few minutes and the GM said that it appeared that we had jumped on the bed and used the bathroom (which we had not). We even offered to pay the house cleaning fee for the room and asked her to just refund the rest of our money which she refused. We frequent Killington and will plan our stays elsewhere. Thanks for the understanding, Amy!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jon S
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overall could do with an update.however the rooms are quite spacious, but could use a little more storage space. We are a family of five and probably could have fit in one room ( adding a rollaway) but we would not have been able to fully unpack, so we took two rooms. The hotel has a cozy reception room with a fireplace. They have a great breakfast room with beautiful views, breakfast is adequate, could use more variety. Our kids have a great time in the pool and the hot tub was inviting after a day on the slopes. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.
On a negative note, the bartender/ morning waiter was the opposite. I am not sure why he is in the service industry because he didn't seem to like people ( especially children). The only time I saw him being genial was to a local patron... So maybe he dislikes tourists!! Overall we had a good time.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor lead out to the car park which is convenient when you are lugging all your snow equipment.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It has a 1960's ski lodge feel to it. That being said, it could use some updating but is otherwise a good place to stay when skiing. It is very close to Rams Head and Snowshed base areas. You could even walk, and there is shuttle service. It has a nice bar area with a big fireplace. The pool and hot tub are nice too. It has a good hot breakfast included in the morning. I have stayed here several times before and will likely again in the future.

Room Tip: any I've stayed in are good
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family