“Superb hospitality, warmth charm and GREAT cuisine..lovely!”
Review of The Vermont Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

The Vermont Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Vermont Inn Restaurant has now closed. We are only open for private events and the bed and breakfast is open year round.
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed last weekend in April while attending a workshop at the INN. Spent the weekend and had lovely huge breakfasts, relaxed inthe bar, had scrumptious dinner with party of ight and then relaxe din the Tv room in PJs with freinds. Slept so well and awoke to cardinals and birds in the nearby trees... so relaxing... and our workshop was so much fun! TIM was so pleasant and easy to work with, the waitstaff and housekeeper answered every request. HIGHLY recommend the INn for your events and workshops and conferences... can accommodate 50 in the dining room space! GREAT views too.
I have stayed at the INN and eaten in their restaurant (when open) for the last 24 years through each change of ownership. Current new inn keepers are trying hard to bring the INN back to its great status and slowly renovate and spruce up..... dedicated and really wanting toi succeed.... please visit.. you will enjoy your stay!

1  Thank julie w

Reviewed May 16, 2012

To be fair, all the food is delicious, prepared well, and with quality ingredients. But being French Onion soup lovers this was truly unique and wonderful. I rarely return to a restaurant twice when traveling because I feel like I will miss something. But we decided to eat here both nights we stayed at the Inn because it was so good. We had the onion soup, the flatbread of the day, pasta bolognese, steak, flourless chocolate cake, and Creme brûlée the first night. The second night we had been snacking all day so we stuck with the onion soup, flatbread, and Caesar salad. The steak I had was a super tender, flavorful cut. The salads are huge! My sister planned on not finishing the Caesar salad but it was so good she finished it all.
The atmosphere is fantastic with great music in the background. There are a variety of prices so you can go with a little less if you are on a tighter budget or go more extravagant. I am sure whatever you order will be exquisitly prepared and tasty-everything we ordered was.

2  Thank Susan K
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This establishment changed hands last December so ignore all the older reviews and head directly to this place if you are anywhere near it! We chanced upon it while touring New England and the inn and its restaurant provided one of the highlights of our trip. Everything we had was yummy, so waxing on about those dishes would be pointless. However, I do want to draw special attention to the vegetable side dishes. I am sure that you have gone to places where the featured part of the entree was delicious but the side vegetables seemed to be placed on the plate just to add color. Trust me, I could have eaten just the vegetables and been happy! We told the proprietor how impressed we were and the chef came out to speak with us ( and share a few secrets; it was a slow night). I could go on and on about how impressed I was (and I am a die-hard foodie), but suffice to say, this inn and its restaurant are gems!

2  Thank debkits
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The food was excellent and the atmosphere was cozy. The prices are great and well, well worth it. I will definitely be visiting again next trip to Killington.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We'd heard good things about this restaurant. We ate there on a Saturday evening. While my food was good, it wasn't outstanding.

The baked brie was small and wasn't enough to cover the many raw fruits that it was served with. My husband's mussels were somewhat rubbery and some were missing. Our main courses were nice but again, not nice enough that we finished our plates.

The creme brulée dessert was the best part of the meal but not the best I'd ever had.

Overall, this restaurant is nice but don't expect stellar.