“More than expected!”

Appalachian Trail Adventures
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Killington
More attraction details
Owner description: Appalachian Trail Adventures is a hiking spa that provides daily guided hikes, caving and kayaking throughout the Green Mountains of Vermont for adventurist of all abilities on the Appalachian Trail. ATA's all inclusive Hiking Vacation consists of an air conditioned room with three daily meals, snacks, guided novice, intermediate or advanced hike and afternoon kayaking, caving or an excursion. ATA also provides daily customized group or private guided hikes, kayaking and caving throughout the Green Mountains of Vermont for hikers of all abilities. With over 20 years of experience, we have chosen trails with the best scenic mountain vistas, waterfalls, historical features and lakes. In the fall, we offer some of the most spectacular foliage hiking in New England.
Moncton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“More than expected!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My mother and I had been looking for a guided trip somewhere within driving distance (we live on the East Coast of Canada) and came across Appalachian Trail Adventures online. We booked it not knowing much about it, other than what we saw online. It was the best thing we could've done, exactly what we were looking for! The weekend we chose wasn't busy, so John and his wonderful staff were really flexible with which activities we did. We went over a weekend, so we hiked each day and did a different excursion each afternoon. Guided hiking was our main criteria, as we aren't great 'explorers'. Feel more comfortable knowing where I'm going. My mom got to kayak for the first time and LOVED it, gorgeous scenery and company. The second afternoon we went caving. I went all the way through with John, one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life! Normally I would've been terrified, it was dark and cramped, but I trusted John 100% and am so happy I followed through with it! The lodging was also great, very friendly. The food was also totally up to par, even better than I expected as there was more selection than anticipated. Not to mention that the entire area of Killington is beautiful. So all in all, a fantastic trip for both of us. We have John and his staff to thank, as it felt like we were hiking with friends, an incredible atmosphere! Also a thank you to his dog, Aeolus, for being his awesome self.
We'll be back!!

Visited June 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Great for short family vacation”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hiking, kayaking, caving - all in one - in a short back to school vacation. Cozy lodge with lots of a-la carte activities, friendly and experienced staff and nothing-to-worry-about meal plan make it even more enjoyable. Many thanks to John, Betsy and Aeolus.

Visited August 2013
King of Prussia, PA
“Weekend Fall Hike”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My 26 yo daughter and I ventured up for a weekend hike last fall and had a great time! We enjoyed a few hikes, some longer, some shorter, and a kayak trip on a local lake, John personally guided us on the lake kayaking, which made it easy on us beginners. We made friends on the trip with some folks from South Dakota, and had dinner out at a restaurant in Woodstock VT. An all around great trip. One of our hikes took us up beside a waterfall, which was extremely beautiful We plan to make this an annual event.

Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“What a great time!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter Krystyna wanted adventure and a physical challenge - while I just wanted to get off the grid. John and his ATA team of Aeolus (he's the best hiker! - mind you he has two more legs than the rest of us!), Betsy and Sam ensured that we both got the vacation of a lifetime. The hike up Killington Peak (I'm sure we could almost see our home in Canada from the top), the kayaking and the caving (can you spell f-u-n!) and the yoga at the end of each day were the perfect combo.

Those few days meant so much more than words can express. For me, the underlying feeling of being taken care by experts allowed me to be braver than I normally would have been....and being able to share that experience with my daughter was priceless...Thank you John...R

Visited June 2013
“tailor made hiking”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

guides were friendly and encouraging. stunning hikes. good, fresh and very healthy food. a very good package all in all.

Visited July 2013