Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic Hiking Experience

My wife and I have been hiking with John and his team for the past 10 years. We keep on coming... read more

Reviewed September 12, 2018
drbosendorfer
Manhasset
Great guides

We came to ATA in mid June of 2018 for a couples retreat. What a luxury to be able to be taken to... read more

Reviewed September 3, 2018
Pauline S

All reviews summit lodge great hiking his team each morning day adventure hiking experience multiple guides five days rock scramble river kayaking summer camp for adults a great vacation highly recommend this trip to anyone own pace mile hike long trail long weekend
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first hiking trial and I was pleasantly surprised by the staff. There were guides enough to accommodate all experience levels. Everything was covered and all I needed was to enjoy myself! Thanks, John!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We did a girls' weekend to celebrate my friend's birthday. We stayed at the Summit Lodge and did one day with Appalachian Trail Adventures. Hiked in the morning and kayaked in the afternoon. John picked a hike that was perfect for us and the kayaking in the lake was the most relaxed I've been in a long time. The guides were absolutely wonderful. They were very attentive to our needs and perfect companions. The meals that came with the package were great and just the right portions. Dinner at the Foundry was great. It did not hurt that we also had a perfect weather weekend. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and twin 21 yr old daughters joined me on a hiking vacation in Vermont this year, so we went back to The Summit Lodge in Killington where John has his Appalachian Trail Adventure headquarters. Such a stress free, adventure filled 5 days hiking every morning after a wonderful breakfast followed by an afternoon of kayaking (we had never done it) with seasoned guides and other guests. Love the Green Mountains, the Long Trail and all this beautiful state has to offer. Love love love it!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hiking every day on a variety of trails including the Appalachian and Long trail. Good attention to individual levels. Kayaking on ponds, lakes and rivers. I had never kayaked before and John and the other guides were encouraging and supportive. By the last day, I kayaked the river and enjoyed it immensely! Great guides and good food. Comfortable inn with a nice pool to relax in after the day of hiking. The area is beautiful and easy to get to.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a great experience filled w/ hiking, kayaking and caving. The food was very good. The guides were great! And the scenery will take your breathe away. Overall, a good way to enjoy time with friends and family at a very reasonable expense. Thanks John