Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Manhasset
Great guides

Reviewed September 3, 2018
Pauline S

All reviews summit lodge great hiking his team each morning day adventure hiking experience multiple guides five days rock scramble river kayaking summer camp for adults a great vacation highly recommend this trip to anyone own pace mile hike long trail long weekend
Reviewed September 12, 2018

My wife and I have been hiking with John and his team for the past 10 years. We keep on coming back year after year because they make hiking fun. Each hike is geared to one's level, from novice to advanced. The groups are small and there is plenty of time to "stop and smell the roses." The routes are designed so that we get the most scenic views, and I always look forward to my scrumptious box lunch after a strenuous climb. Give ATA a try, you won't regret it!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We came to ATA in mid June of 2018 for a couples retreat. What a luxury to be able to be taken to hiking trails every day, based on our discussion over breakfast. John is gifted in being able to provide the level of challenge needed without burning out on each day. He reads his guests very well and makes every attempt to accommodate their needs. Just ask for what you want, and he'll probably make it happen!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

I organized a trip for myself and 7 other women to hike in VT. I organized the event with John at Appalachian Trail Adventures and the trip was a huge success. John was very attentive to the group and made sure each day was customized based on what the group desired. John organized our hikes based on skill and desire and subsequently, sightseeing trips post hiking. The best day was river kayaking. Amazing tour led by John. His guides are amazing - all top notch. the hotel, the food, the tours, the hiking , guides and John were all 5 stars. I am already organizing a return trip a year from now. Cannot wait!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Our family's first time at kayaking. Contacted John and he was accomodating with suggesting a beginners kayaking route. Michelle was great as a guide and everybody from grandmom to daughter had fun.Thank you for your patience and help.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

John and Michelle were very patient with us novice kayakers! Very enjoyable, peaceful morning. "Dam" those beavers though! Ha! Thank you both!

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

This was our first time in Killington and we wanted to take advantage of trails and kayaking, even though we are city people and have had little exposure. John was an incredible guide, very knowledgeable and patient. We enjoyed caving for the very first time, kayaking and hiking.Our teens loved the experience, so we booked a second caving expedition and an extra hike...just awesome. Thank you so much John!
Evelyn

Reviewed July 26, 2018

I travelled from Toronto to Killington and had a wonderful time. I was looking for a good mix of activity and relaxing and I got it.
I highly recommend ATA for anyone who is travelling solo and looking for an adventure that mixes the outdoors, hiking and relaxation. I read, watched TV, got a massage and spent tons of time walking trails and hiking up mountains. The guides were great. I learned a lot of about Vermont and met some lovely people to hike with. It was exactly what I hoped for.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

I went to Vermont to hike and get away from the day-to-day norm, and man did Appellation Trail Adventures deliver! The owner John is enthusiastic, and he and his staff extremely knowledgeable on the hiking trails and Killington area. I stayed for 5 nights - the breakfast and lunch included was amazing, lots of options, fresh and prepared with care! The restaurants ATA partners with fantastic - again lots of options and quantity included for hungry hikers. The hiking guides are kind and well-versed on the trails and surrounding areas. They paid proper attention to the group and fed-off everyone's energy really well. I wanted more advanced hikes while I was there and John made sure there were ample guides to cater to all guests requests (I was solo). I look forward to bringing back friends to experience the Killington area with Appellation Trail Adventures!

Reviewed July 24, 2018

I went with a few girl friends as a long weekend getaway trip and thoroughly enjoyed everything. The accommodations are nice, the meals included in the hiking trip were fabulous, we enjoyed both the Foundry and McGrath's for dinner and loved every meal. And the hikes and excursions were so much fun! Our guide, Leslie, was informative, fun, interesting and chose fantastic hikes and adventures for our group. We loved how John took the time to see what we would want to do, or how we felt and came up with a perfect plan for each day. I highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants a little time with nature and to be guided by some really great people. Loved this trip! Thank you ATA!!

athikerinvt, Owner at Appalachian Trail Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Your very much welcome, we are all glad that you enjoyed ATA's adventures!

Reviewed July 24, 2018

We took an intermediate hike to the top of Killington Peak that was booked through John. Our guide was Jen, who was WONDERFUL! Jen pointed out wild strawberries along the way and even took us onto part of the Appalachian Trail where we met serious hikers on seven month trecks. This is a great experience if you happen to be visiting Vermont. We did this in July 2018 and the weather was comfortable. There is plenty of shade as you hike in the forest and you get some sunshine once you step out on the slope areas. The views at the top are amazing!