Message from TripAdvisor:

“I booked a 2 bedroom condo which turned out to be 2 separate units ... not what I expected.”

Mountain Green Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Rensselaer, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just like the other reviews, the furniture was outdated and some in disrepair. I did not realize that the rug was quite dirty until I saw the bottom of my feet. The other couple with us had to let the water run for a while until it became clear (?rusty water). The bed was dusty so I had to take Claritin for my allergies. For the price that we paid, this condo was not worth it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gladys V

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

We booked our stay just a few days in advance of one of the snowiest weekends in the season. We booked a one-bedroom for 2 couples, and alternated sleeping in the bedroom and the sofa bed. The sofabed was not too comfy, but if you put the mattress on the floor its perfect. These units are condos with owners, so each one is different. Our unit was ground level, was definitely 'lived-in' as other reviewers have mentioned, but it was clean enough and very cozy once a fire was lit.

This resort had a nice restaurant inside and was very close (walking distance) to several others. The unit also had a full kitchen with all of the tools you would need to make meals (if you brought food). Pool, hot tub, steam room, and sauna were all clean and uncrowded.

The 5 star rating is mostly for the staff, and I would give them 6 if it were an option. The staff was super accommodating-- we had to get new blankets and pillows a few times and they didn't give us a hard time or act annoyed, and we kept asking for fire wood and the fire-starter. We also got late checkout. After returning home, we remembered that my husband left his wallet in our room's safe, and the lady at the front desk got it and Fedexed it to us immediately. She refused to tip herself and it was really nice to see someone be so trustworthy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Price was right for having such a great location to snowshed. Stayed in a three room condo with a kind of tiny kitchen, but great living space. Bathrooms were pretty bad, as the shower head barely came up to my chest. Sharing a bathroom upstairs for two couples was pretty tight, and it made no sense that the larger bathroom was downstairs where only one room was.
I guess every condo is a little different, so I wont dwell on the room...
They had a fireplace, and we had access to wood downstairs, but all of the wood was too young, and very wet. Essentially the fire just hissed at us all night while we tried in vain to dry it out with every scrap of paper on the floor!
The highlight, by far, of this resort is the Slope Side bar/restaurant downstairs in the entrance. Everyday they had some special or music or something going on down there, and it was in a cozy enough space that you could get your drinks and sit back and enjoy the ambiance through the huge floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the mountains.
Black Dog Sports was great for me because it was an especially cold couple mornings and I needed to get a face mask and a better set of pants. They were having a 50% off sale, so was lucky enough to score some end of season deals and they had all sizes available.
Overall the bar was a great addition, and the accommodations were adequate for what we were there for. Not having seen anything else in Killington, it's hard to know if I would recommend this again, but it seemed decent enough.

Room Tip: Slope Side Bar is a great place to start
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here last week of the 2012 Killington ski season. I'm assuming all Condo rooms are different since most or all are individually owned. Our room was very minimal with limited utensils and dishes. Bedroom TV did not work. Overall condo seems a bit out-dated. We were expecting a nicer place.

Staff was very polite. Bar and restaurant was good. Free pizza daily between 4 - 6 was great and good. Pool and spa were nice. They also had a sauna and steam room. Sauna didn't always stay on though. The gym looked okay and they have a small racquet ball court. Shuttle bus to the mountain was very convenient and reliable.

Tip: The water from the sink is undrinkable. Absolutely disgusting. Think drinking water from a puddle in the street. Left a strange sandy feel on dishes. Brushing your teeth left your mouth feeling raw. For some reason this seemed to only be at the condo. Water on the mountain was okay. Buy gallons of water from the local grocery store down the road.

Tip: They have strict rules about being quiet in the pool area because it is unfortunately very close to the massage area. If you have noisy children you might want to consider another activity.

Tip: Some activities like racquet ball and locker use might require a deposit. If you plan on playing racquet ball schedule a time with the spa desk. The court is also used for basketball and wallyball.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bcmwk
Haworth, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

stayed in 4BR, 3 bath duplex, bldg 3. this place is older, and this year I suspect suffering the lack of snow, so while the building has nice design, hall rugs are not so hot. elevators worked reliably. Individual condos I suspect individually maintained, & ours was neat, nice,
not fancy, comfy, good working fireplace with free ( you carry it up, as much as you want-- but
much wood not seasoned so be picky), bathrooms small but clean & functional, surroundings not worn or shabby at all. place has hottubs & pool, bar/ restaurant in bldg with a wall of windows facing mountain, AND free pizza 4-6pm for happy hour, good pizza too!
Suggest shop for groceries in Rutland on way in, some BIG markets on main drag. Nitelife
& shopping along 4-5mile access road, dining cheap & bartype to fancier & pricy, lots of choices, some free shuttle service available.
Free 1 minute shuttle from condo to ski base., runs every 10-15min all day.
Multiple tv's in condo, minimal cable choices, dvd player, radios, alarm clocks, open full kitchen. Not awful posh, but quite fine, and likely cheaper than most other spots. I have stayed in some palaces, truly; in essence, those fancy places offered nothing more essential
to having a comfy, convenient, good time.
Most units have moderate sized balconies off living room, dining area near kitchen.

Room Tip: check homeaway, VBRO
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bk07641
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stay at Mountain Green Condo Complex several times throughout the ski season. The staff is very accommodating and my group likes the close proximity to the mountain. We take full advantage of the Health Club with it's lap pool, hot tubs and steam room. The Slope Side bar and restaurant was great for some apre skiing and Dave and the crew at Black Dog Sports conveniently located in the Main Building set us up with some excellent demos and tunes. Several in my group also purchased t-shirts and other tchotchkes from the gift shop also located within the main building. I would recommend this place to anybody who is looking for the most bang for your buck. The only drawback was the mini-market was not open.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CHRIS H
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was here for a weekend trip with some friends in February. Overall I would rate this place as average. Check in/out was quick with no problems. We had a room in building C which is just down the road from the main area. The room was OK, little dated but overall OK. The only problem I had with it was that it was very cold when we arrived. Since they only have space heaters it took us a long time to worm it up. So the first day it was little on the chilly side, but the next day was OK. They do have wood burning fireplace and some firewood but we couldn’t start the fire. Washroom was small but OK with enough towels which were changed on our third day as promised. Kitchen appliances were old but working and dishes were all there. Some in the bad shape but still usable especially what four guys needed in 3 days. They have resort shuttle come by every 15 minutes however even walking to the lifts wouldn’t be a big deal. We decided to drive since there was no issue with parking in the front of our building.
All in all I’m happy. The room served the purpose especially how much I paid for it, I can’t complain. I would go again for the same price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends