Overall, this was a nice stay, but the furnishings were definitely outdated and desperate need of an update. The curtains were half hanging off and didn't close all the way!
We didn't mind since the price we paid and the convenience to the mountain was all we really cared about. We had a nice welcome by a wonderful older gentleman, but unfortunately, I couldn't get out of there faster when I checked out after a 3 night stay. A heavy set, red-headed woman by the name of Kathy was the epitome of someone who exuded bitterness and possessed the most passive aggressive personality. I rented the unit directly from the owner and had an agreement for a 12PM check out, but for whatever reason that wasn't communicated, Kathy decided to approach me with indirect rudeness. As I checked out, she says, "We've been waiting for you to check out...housekeeping has been banging on your door !" which I thought was unusual for someone to say since I was checking out at 12:10PM [10 minutes late], but since I had such a great 4 day vacation, I brushed it off. As I started driving back home, it dawned on me that she must've thought I missed my 10AM check out, so I called the front desk to verify that there wouldn't be any confusion with any late fees. The moment I explained to her that I was told that a 12PM check out was agreed with the owner, she raised her voice and wouldn't let me speak. Once I mentioned that I would've appreciated for her to directly reiterate that the check out time was for 10AM rather than indirectly being rude and unprofessional by making those comments, she lashed out on me at which this point, I hung up. The lack of respect and professionalism was a huge disappointment and I was left with that terrible feeling. During our stay, we loved it so much that we were considering of looking to invest in property since we're avoid snowboarders, but after this experience, we're definitely looking to invest elsewhere - I would hate to think any of our guests that we would rent out to would have to encounter such behavior. It's a disgrace on Kathy's part to behave in such a low-class way. I would recommend anyone to avoid speaking or working with this horrid woman! Other than that, the facility itself is great if you're looking for a cheap and convenient stay. Don't expect anything close to what a "resort" should be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the base of Killington, the best skiing in the East, Mountain Green Ski & Golf Resort is Killington's most complete resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountain Green Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Green Ski And Golf Resort
- Mountain Green Ski & Golf Hotel Killington
- Mountain Green Hotel
- Mountain Green Killington
- Green Mountain Resort