“Nice place for dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice place for dinner with a varied menu using local products. Pleasant atmosphere but bring a sweater if the AC is on, the dining room can be a bit chilly. Good service with knowledgeable wait staff.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Here last evening and had a great meatloaf dinner. The food was tasty and served with a great cold pale ale. The place was packed and we had a short wait, but it was worth it. Priced well and service was superior. Will recommend to others.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just come back from The Jericho Tavern where I have to say we had a fantastic meal. Ian and Peter were so attentive and I can not fault the food, service or ambience. There is a lot of competition close by but I wouldld definitely recommend this friendly pub

Reviewed April 25, 2014

It's interesting when you get to keep trying new-old places. The latest owners seem to be on the right track, at least from what we saw with a mid-week breakfast.

I had a sausage biscuit skillet with poached eggs, was very well done. My wife had a stack of strawberry covered pancakes that was huge! Four plate filling cakes, with plenty of strawberries between all of the layers. She let me try a bite, they were delicious. Very light, well done.

Huge mugs of great coffee, good service. Definitely will repeat.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Every time this restaurant changes hands, I give it a try, hoping it will be as good as the original Village Cup. A friend and I at the latest incarnation of the Jericho Cafe and Tavern (formerly Fields, formerly Caroline's, formerly The Village Cup) on a Tuesday night. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I ordered the haddock stuffed with seafood. There was far more stuffing than haddock. The stuffing was very salty, and the fish was undercooked. For dessert, we ordered a fruit tart from the dessert case. It was as hard as a rock (possibly stale?) and virtually impossible to cut into. When we got up to leave, I noticed that the floor beneath our table was strewn with green beans and other detritus from previous diners. AT this point, I'm not inclined to return.