We enjoy staying at quaint and homey places, especially those that have history, but this place was a little sub par. It reminded us of the Joker's Lair, especially as the floors to our 2nd story suite were warped and twisted. It was like staying in one of those "antigravity" houses at the fair. After a shower, the floor in the bedroom had what at first seemed a mysterious puddle as the water had escaped the bathroom and run downhill to the next room. Our room soaked up the sounds from the hallway when anyone else traversed upstairs to get to any of the other rooms. That being said, the "kids' room" was good sized and had plenty of room. The commons room had several board games and books that we all enjoyed.
We did receive $20 coupons to use for breakfast at the attached restaurant and even though there was quite a wait on Sunday morning, this was absolutely worth it. The prices were very reasonable and the food generous and yummy.
The town of Smugggler's is really laid back and easy going in the off season. (Not much to do after 9pm so get your dinner early!), but it is beautiful in the Autumn and a lovely retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smuggler's Notch Inn is an 11-room inn complete with dining room, bakery, and tavern. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily. We have discounted ski lift tickets to Smugglers Notch Resort. We now have seven vacation homes in the area that we manage. Flat screens with Direct tv, wifi, hot tub are just a few of the amenities that we offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Smuggler's Notch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smuggler`s Notch Hotel Jeffersonville
- Smuggler's Notch Inn Vermont/Jeffersonville