“Average at best”

Three Mountain Lodge
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The atmosphere was very cozy with the log cabin and fireplace. But the food that we ordered (lobster cakes, and the grilled cheese burger) were not up to par. The lobster cakes were ,Where is the lobster! And the grill cheese burger was very greasy and the burger kinda tasted like meatloaf. Service was a a snails pace to boot.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family have enjoyed going here for dinner many times over the last 10 years or so while visiting Smuggs. The menu is full of good dinner choices. My favorite is the prime rib which is fire roasted to finish. Salads and soups are almost always excellent. Save room for the ice cream, which is home made.

1  Thank nach09
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a lovely authentic large log cabin restaurant serving a good variety of international cuisine (including prime rib) on route 108 close to Smugglers' Notch. While my family were ziplining, I popped in and ordered some of their famous crab cakes. These were not the usual full-of-carb variety, but consisted 90+% of pure succulent, fresh crab meat. Very, very tasty. As there were 3 patties in the portion, it was perfect as I wasn't too hungry. I also had some sweet potato wedges which complemented the main well. To wash it all down, I had a local ale which was smooth, mellow with a hint of sweetness - served refreshingly chilled. They also offer a decent range of wines and beers.

Very nice ambiance and happy, cheerful service. Highly recommended.

Website: http://www.threemountainlodge.com

2  Thank travelduck822
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Hi
We stayed at Smugglers Notch resort and did not want to eat at the mediocre resort restaurants so I stopped by this cute place less than a mile away on Route 108. Very funky decor set in a log cabin style lodge and was stunned by the quality of the food and the creativity on the menu. I had a sampler plate (both timees) with maple bbq ribs, unbelievable brisket and a secret sauced chicken that was mouthwatering. My wife had a special of salmon cakes with homemade dill sauce. My sons tried the pulled pork, fish and chips, and fresh cut steaks (all locally raised). One of the sides was a muchrooms rissotto that everyone had to try. Also they had a half priced wine Wednesdays when we went. If you want to make it a bit more affordable buy a Restaurant.com gift certficate $5 gets you a $25 certificate, we did it and ate like kings for around $85 for 4 of us including tip and wine....(Wine Wednesday)

We'll definitely be back!

2  Thank SudSteve1
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I took five out-of-state friends there for lunch after a wonderful drive through Smugglers Notch. We liked the quiet outdoor seating and ambiance. The food was mediocre. Three of us ordered diet cokes with our full meals. The price was not on the menu. The waiter asked if we wanted refills (the glasses were medium size and contained considerable ice). We thanked him and each had one.

When our bill arrived, we had been charged $3.50 for each glass of diet coke, including each refill. Therefore, those of us who had refills had paid $7 per person for a total of about 12 ounces of actual diet coke each. When we inquired, the waiter simply said it was the policy to charge for refills and that the owner was not present to discuss it. We ended an otherwise pleasant day feeling ripped off. I will not take friends to Three Mountain Lodge again.