“A Relaxing Winter Wonderland”

Sterling Ridge Resort
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We spent Christmas weekend in the pond house. It was warm and cozy with the fire going and the snow falling - a true winter wonderland. My brothers and parents had 2 cabins along with the pond house for the 'family' meals. The inn was accommodating for all of us with snowboarding passes at a discounted rate,snowmobiling for those that liked to sit and play in the snow or a warm cozy fire for those that like to sit and rest. The trails offered long walks for those that needed to walk off the holiday cookies. Everyone should be able to enjoy a snowy season here.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed January 27, 2010

Our family along with my husbands family - 16 in all- headed to northern Vermont for the Christmas holidays. We wanted a place to stay which would be large enough for the group to gather for meals and games and stil have a quiet atmosphere. We found the perfect place! Sterling Ridge is tucked away above the town of Jefersonville. Vt. that offers modern log cabins, family suites and a rustic house that sits beside a pond- very picturesque!!
The owners are so friendly and offered so much information on things to do in the area. The family stayed at the house and also 2 cabins to accomodate everyone which worked out great. The cabins were clean and comfortable and had everything we needed and the house was perfect for the gang to eat and hang out in. We even went to a christmas tree farm a few miles away, cut down a tree and brought it back to decorate! If you want a great place for a family reunion or or just a getaway for two- they have it all here. Wish every Christmas could be as memorable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I stay in or around Smugglers' Notch every year and stumbled across these cabins while searching for lodging options online. Although we enjoyed our previous stay at the mountain's resort condos, we wanted to try something different this year. I called Sterling Ridge Resort to inquire about the package they had on their website which included a 2-night stay in a studio cabin and 2 lift tickets to Smugglers' Notch. However, the misleading description on the owners' website leads one to believe that for the price PER PERSON, 2 nights and 2 tickets are included. The most unfortunate part, however, is the fact when calling to inquire about said package, the male owner absolutely assured me that I could buy two of the packages back-to-back, for a 4 night stay, and 8 tickets in a studio cabin for my boyfriend and I. I called the next day to reserve and spoke with a woman who booked us for a studio cabin for 4 nights and 8 tickets. She repeated "8 tickets, 4 nights, 2 adults, in a studio cabin."

When we arrived at the resort, we were ignored at the front desk and not even a 'Hello' was given in acknowledgment of our presence, regardless of the two people ahead of us talking in casual conversation. When we were finally noticed, the owner herself (presumably who booked my reservation) checked us in, handed us 4 tickets and told us where our cabin was located. It wasn't until I told her that we were owed 8 tickets, that she told me I misunderstood the online description and that the package included only one ticket for each of us for 2 days. However, the online description on their own website quoted the price per person which included 2 tickets. Not to mention, 2 people over the phone CONFIRMED 8 tickets total. She admitted her husband was 'confused' about her packages and asked us to 'meet her in the middle.' She then told us she 'upgraded' our cabin, as if trying to smooth over the ticket fiasco. Thinking this was a good thing, we met her in the middle (or so we thought) and left with 6 tickets and a 2 bedroom cabin.

When we finally arrived to our cabin, our first impression was how beautiful it was, but definitely too big for only 2 people (it had room enough to sleep 6). We originally wanted a studio cabin because the cabins only have one TV in them and we both need to watch TV to help us fall asleep. We were disappointed again when we tried to fall asleep in one of the two bedrooms, on the most uncomfortable, springy mattress in a dark room without a TV. We then tried to sleep on the sofa bed in the living room which was broken and had old food and dirt underneath the cushions. We ended up sleeping in the living room on the floor for 4 nights, as the two twin beds in the second bedroom were just as bad as the queen sized bed in the first bedroom.

Needless to say, we felt completely ripped off and lied to and will never return here. If you are looking for a place to stay but not necessarily be comfortable sleeping in, then you may or may not have a problem, but do not rely on the owners' word for what they sell.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank BeenAroundWorld16
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I took the trip up to the lodge in October. It was more than what was expected! The owner and staff were so warm and inviting; very polite. The cabin was just amazing. I have never stayed in a cabin before and I absolutely loved it here. There was a full kitchen with pots and pans to cook. The bathroom had a jacuzzi,and the living room had a wood burning stove. In the office, they sold duraflame logs for $4,but then also had wood around the lodge for free. There is a little town about 5 minutes from the lodge that has an amazing restaurant called 158 Main.I would definitely recommend that for everyone! Stowe is about 25 minutes away and the ride down there is beautiful!! Overall, I would absolutely, definitely recommend Sterling Ridge and will be returning soon!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We went to Vermont for a wedding. Or extended family lives throughout the U.S. We used this opportunity to have a family reunion as well as celebrate my cousins wedding. These cabins allowed my whole family to be together with three other families and their small children for an extended week end! It was great to cook together, watch TV, go for walks...without having to meet up at restaurants. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL!!! We will never stay anywhere else when visiting Vermont! GREAT TRIP!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

My grandson, husband and I had a wonderful time at Sterling Ridge. The log cabin, which was beautiful, was a unique experience for us "city folk" who lived most of our lives near Washington, D.C. I still can't believe that we were able to sleep with just the windows open and no air conditioning in the middle of July! The location was also great and we enjoyed using it as home base for day trips but on the last day we just enjoyed the amenities at Sterling Ridge. It turned out to be perfect for our 16 year old grandson who swam in the pool and luxuriated in the hot tub. We also sincerely appreciated the upgrade to the deluxe cabin and having the DVD player which enabled us to have "family night" at the movies with the extensive DVD collection you had there.
Hopefully, one day, we will be able to visit again during the winter. I think that would be incredible.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and I booked the three day special with canoe for a much-needed weekend getaway and we found the one bedroom cabin to be PERFECT! We came in on a rainy day and it took us much longer to drive than expected so the owners actually waited to make sure we arrived safely even though we were after hours! Everything in the cabin made sense as we cooked all of our own food and the kitchen had everything we needed as far as pots and pans and collanders. It rained most of the weekend, so we got a lot of use out of the covered porch, and between the porch chairs, the delicious Vermont coffee, and the stellar jacuzzi, we were set for a cozy rainy weekend in the mountains. As a side note, I brought my oil paints, and there are some beautiful views between the pond and the mountains and the trails in the resort!
We used the canoe day the last day and it was the perfect way to end our weekend getaway! The canoe place dropped us and the canoe off 8 miles upriver and we rowed along the river, stopping a couple of times on various "islands" to have a picnic, or sunbathe. It was perfectly relaxing!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Stowe Mountain Lodge
#1 of 2 in Jeffersonville
Topnotch Resort
Topnotch Resort
#4 of 24 in Stowe

Been to Sterling Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!