We've stayed at the Sterling Ridge three times now during the fall, winter and summer. If you're familiar with Vermont you already know that the Green Mountain state has something to offer during every season.
Our most recent trip was over Memorial Day weekend and my husband and I brought our two dogs for a getaway near Smuggler's Notch. It felt great to get up early in the morning a take the dogs for a hike through the grounds or a run on the back country roads of Jeffersonville.
Sterling Ridge is always accommodating for those who check in late in the evening; allowing you to come into the office, grab your map and key, getting settled into your cabin. All you have to do is check in the following day.
The cabins are in excellent condition and the staff is very hospitable, you couldn't really ask for more for this rural setting. The kitchen has the basics for cooking/serving meals, but if you're planning a large cook out or dinner I'd pack the extras you might need. Bring additional ground coffee and filters, pillows and towels for a long weekend. During the fall/winter months the gas or wood burning fire place is a luxury. I would recommend bringing your own fire wood if you can as its a little expensive here but super convenient to purchase. The location of Jeffersonville is perfect for Stowe, Waterbury or Burlington. Most areas are just a car drive away. In neighboring towns there are wineries, artist shops and resturants to check out.
I would recommend this spot for a family, friend or couple getaway. Its a pretty good fit for all types of retreats.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sterling Ridge Resort is located on a scenic back road with stunning vistas of Mt. Mansfield, Vermont's highest peak, and Smugglers Notch, a mountain road pass connecting Jeffersonville to Stowe village. Our log cabin lodging is a romantic getaway for honeymooners and the perfect setting for family vacations and reunions. Sterling Ridge's rental cabins, nestled in the woods, have woodstoves, jacuzzis, and full kitchens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sterling Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Ridge Inn & Log Cabins Hotel Jeffersonville
- Sterling Ridge Inn And Log Cabins
- Sterling Ridge Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville