“Country Getaway”

Sterling Ridge Resort
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We've stayed at the Sterling Ridge three times now during the fall, winter and summer. If you're familiar with Vermont you already know that the Green Mountain state has something to offer during every season.

Our most recent trip was over Memorial Day weekend and my husband and I brought our two dogs for a getaway near Smuggler's Notch. It felt great to get up early in the morning a take the dogs for a hike through the grounds or a run on the back country roads of Jeffersonville.

Sterling Ridge is always accommodating for those who check in late in the evening; allowing you to come into the office, grab your map and key, getting settled into your cabin. All you have to do is check in the following day.

The cabins are in excellent condition and the staff is very hospitable, you couldn't really ask for more for this rural setting. The kitchen has the basics for cooking/serving meals, but if you're planning a large cook out or dinner I'd pack the extras you might need. Bring additional ground coffee and filters, pillows and towels for a long weekend. During the fall/winter months the gas or wood burning fire place is a luxury. I would recommend bringing your own fire wood if you can as its a little expensive here but super convenient to purchase. The location of Jeffersonville is perfect for Stowe, Waterbury or Burlington. Most areas are just a car drive away. In neighboring towns there are wineries, artist shops and resturants to check out.

I would recommend this spot for a family, friend or couple getaway. Its a pretty good fit for all types of retreats.

1  Thank keefemeghan
sterlingridge, Manager at Sterling Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Here at Sterling Ridge we are so happy that you keep returning. Are hope is that all guests at the ridge will.
We do try to stock the cabins well for your arrival, but if you should ever run out of anything, we keep a supply at the lobby for you to bring back to your cabin - at no additional charge of course! If you ever need anything during your stay please don't hesitate to ask, we would be happy to assist you.

Thank you for being loyal guests at The Ridge! We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for a few nights on our honeymoon. The cabin was excellent and we had the honeymoon package. Booking the room was pretty easy and the cabin was quite spacious. There were walking trails which were nice, including a lake we could swim in if we wanted to brave the chill. I swam, my wife did not. We played a game or two in the 'game building' which was a bit run-down. That could use some sprucing up. I don't know how fun it would be for a family but it was nice for a couple.

Near some antique stores which we also visited.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

I am shivering just reading this review!
Hopefully the next time you come to visit, the water will be warmer - and the outdoor pool will be open (it is heated!)
So happy that we were able to make your honeymoon enjoyable.

Jessica
I have forwarded your comments about the gameroom to our housekeeping manager.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My family stayed in the Pond House property from May 9-11. The quarters were very clean and spacious. All seven of us were comfortable and had plenty of room to find our own spaces, when desired. There are two outdoor patios with spectacular views of the mountains and pond, which is directly in front of the cabin, across a sprawling lawn area. The dirt road leading to the property adds to the Vermont experience.

The Smugglers Notch area is amazing during the Spring. We've visited during the Summer months on several occasions and it's also a beautiful time to visit. But the Spring time is even more beautiful with tons of waterfalls everywhere from the snow melt, which you never see during the Summer. I was pleasantly surprised by the beauty; I was expecting a "mud season" experience, but, to my surprise it was just beautiful.

We also visited the Smugglers Notch Distillery for the tasting experience. This is a must do, but be prepared to open your wallet. Once you taste the goods you're going to want to bring some home.

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong, however we always choose a property near the pond for the views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2014

When we decided we wanted to go on vacation in Vermont we wanted something that would give us the feeling of being alone. We found the cabin setting to be great. If we needed directions to something we wanted to do they were there to help with that. The cabins were clean and organized with the necessities such as dished and pans. It was very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
sterlingridge, Guest Services/Marketing at Sterling Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

We are so glad that you chose Vermont AND Sterling Ridge Resort for your vacation. We strive to make "The Ridge" a private getaway and home away from home for all of our guests. See you again soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Sterling Ridge for a women's weekend retreat, it was an amazing experience! I stated in cabin #7 which had a little stream running right along the front of it. I also was able to enjoy the Mansfield House which had beautiful views of Mt. Mansfield. Everything was very clean and all the amenities provided made for an excellent stay! The hiking trails were easily accessible and allowed more of the beauty of the area to be seen. I very much enjoyed my time there and look forward to another stay in the future!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

So glad that you had a fantastic retreat. It is such a joy having the group here. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at Sterling Ridge ever since 2007, and my review is well over due. The Peterson family runs an awesome resort, located minutes from Smugglers Notch, with views of Mt. Mansfield. The cabins are clean, kitchens well equipped, and you can even bring your dog! There are tons of things to do- cross country ski, snowshoe, snowmobile, hike, or just ski. We always have visited in the winter, but they say their busiest time is in the summer so there is a pool. I can't tell you how relaxing it is to stay at Sterling Ridge! You will feel rejuvenated and never want to go home!

• Stayed: February 2014
sterlingridge, Manager at Sterling Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

A nice relaxing visit is just what we like to hear! We wish you didn't have to go home - you will have to come back soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I know I have already written a review of Sterling Ridge, but I have to write another. My husband and I spent a four night getaway here last weekend, and as always it was amazing. From start to end. We arrived Saturday night and after walking into the new office, which is awesome by the way, Sue (the owner) greeted us with a "I didn't know you guys were coming" and a hug for both of us. Now I know we have been here 7 times, but she greeted us like old friends, which makes me love this special place even more. There are 4 new cabins on property, 2 finished and 2 underway. Sue knows how much we love checking out the cabins and told us we could go check out the 2 new ones the next day after people checked out. We did and they are beautiful. Looking forward to staying in one of them on a future visit. Cabins 20 and 21.
It snowed all day Sunday so we took advantage of the wood burning stove and a home cooked meal in the cabin. My favorite day of the 4.
We also went to Stowe for a pizza at Pie-cassos, a must! And a lunch at 158 Main in Jeffersonville, another must!!
I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about Sterling Ridge! I think everyone should come here to relax and unwind. And if you do, you will keep coming back, I promise!!

Room Tip: Cabin 17 is our favorite 2 bedroom and 19 was our favorite 1 bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Stowe Mountain Lodge
#1 of 2 in Jeffersonville
Topnotch Resort
Topnotch Resort
#3 of 24 in Stowe

Been to Sterling Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!