“Excellent food near Smugs”

158 Main Restaurant & Bakery
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We ate twice at 158 Main while staying for a week at Smugglers Notch Resort. The menu is varied and everything we ate was good, especially the brunch items. Prices are reasonable and service was great.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

As soon as my husband and I asked for a recommendation for dinner from the B&B we were staying in - the answer without hesitation was this place! We were so thankful as the food was some of the most delicious food we had while up visiting in the area. Our salads were fresh and very tasty and our entrees were just wonderful. I had the almond crusted salmon and it was so moist and full of flavor. We were too full to eat dessert but I wish we had brought some back with us to have in our room! The atmosphere was kind of plain and simple but it really is part of just being in a small town. The taste of the food was what was important to us!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Service was friendly and sufficient. Bread was excellent, Soup was very good (Twice Baked potatoe). Entrees were ok at best although they did provide nice large portions. The special was Beef Stroganoff - nothing special about it...the Turkey Dinner was good except for the dry stuffing, the Chef failed to deliver with the baked haddock - the bones did not help his cause & the London Broil was a disappointment. The prices on their website are outdated - they were much higher than advertised...

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husand and I ate here in October, 2012. It was very crowded, I'm sure it's because the food is so good. If you know you are going, make a reservation. We were able to get a seat, and had a delicious meal. He got the turkey dinner and I got the shepherd's pie, we could not finish our meals, very large portions. Great food, and service

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Where to start? My brother's shrimp scampi came with RICE, not pasta. Never heard of scampi being served with rice. Plus there were only a few shrimps included so it was like eating rice. The thai lettuce wraps, which the waitress recommended, were terrible. I barely ate it. The baked haddock was more like boiled. The only decent thing was the bread and the brie. Thumbs down!