“great place for down time”

Smugglers' Notch Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We booked for Easter week. We got a 3 bd 2 ba in the Eagles. They allowed us to check in early (3:15p) and directed to our unit. The first thing I noticed was the pool that was directly accross from our unit was closed. then the staff was telling us mulitple times not to touch the halls and door jambs as they were just painted. As I had just spent 10 hours in the car, I wasn't very receptive to either....
Then I walked into the unit and forgot everything. The unit is absolutely beautiful, spacious, and high end. Of all the places I have stayed in for RCI, this was the best timeshare exchange yet. the granite countertops, the tempuric (sic) bed in the master suite, the adriondack chairs set out to over look the mountain, the sunroom, the well stocked kitchen, the cleanlinesss was absolutely wonderful. We had family in the area over for Easter dinner and they remarked on how wonderful it is as well. Two gas fireplaces, a jacuzzi tub, stereo in the master bedroom as well as living room. I did not want to leave. This is the down season, things are closed, you have to drive around the mountain to get anywhere, but you also don't have the noise and crowds, it is peaceful, we heard noone above us. staff were friendly when we saw any. question were answered when asked. the unit was pure luxury. The only complaint we had is the water was very hot and hard to regulate.. (but I will take hot over cold any day.) We are actually considering buying it as we like it that much. If they had a dogs section it would be perfect

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa1063

Reviewed March 4, 2009

Just got back from Smugglers Notch, accomodations were at Evergreen which is a great location next to the kids magic carpet and terrain park.

Great ski camp for the kids, we had all three in for three days and they enjoyed it.

This resort is in desperate need of more lift capacity. The existing trails are too narrow to accomodate anything high speed on the bigger mountains ie. Sterling or Madonna. I think they need to open more terrain on the back side of spruce peak and put in a quad to releive the lift lines.

Line ups on sunny days can be frustrating. Also, you need to do your homework regarding pricing advantage versus family fest. The check-in staff will not give you aheads up on published discounts, which I thought was un-cool. You get the sense that the check in guys are paid via commison.

For example, Business Card Mondays' you receive $15 off 3 mountian lift pass, whcih is a greater discount than the 20% using smuggs pass. Also, we upgraded to familyfest for 3 days, but were not told of additional benefits of this upgrade, so as free kids night out on Wednesday nite.

So on this note, I have to give this resort a 2 star rating because as a guest or owner you need to do your own research so that you don't get overcharged, or don't get shafted on benefits you paid for.

Also, make sure you pick-up your groceries in Morrisville on the way up, you'll need a bank loan to buy groceries at the resort.

So, in summary great ski camp. If your looking for better terrain and faster lifts I would suggest Stowe next door.

3  Thank garnock
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I just returned from a trip to Smugglers Notch. Not good. We stayed in Norland...it was like camping. The stairs leading in were made of wood and in need of major repair. My Husband slipped and fell twice carrying in our luggage. It was a huge process to unpack. There were about 40 stairs and 2 sets of stairs to get to our room. No elevators at all. The room looked was bad......potato chip crubs were all over the floor, and when my son climbed into bed the sheets were inside out and did not fit the twin bed. They were to short by several inches!!! The pillows were horiffic...all stained and nasty and the blankets were filthy. There is no maid service, just a closet opened in the hall. I felt like I was living in a dirty dorm. The halls and stairs were filthy. The skiing was okay. The lifts are painfully slow!!!! If you are looking for a fun lodge to hang out in this is not the place. there are a few restaurants, but no bar, or lodge with a fireplace.....The kids went in the pool, which was fine. It did stink very badly of chlorine. The fun zone was fun.....there was just NO parking at all. We had to walk everywhere in freezing like blizzard conditions!!!!! We had dinner at the Moose Lodge one night.....very expensive mediocre food. It was $8.99 for a kids meal!!!!! When you leave your room you are expected to strip the beds and vaccum. The vaccum did not work at all. I called housekeeping and they came with a new bag...only to find that there was no bag in the vaccum...it was filled with dirt and lint!!!! I will not be going back here....it was awful!!!! The rooms had internet, but you had to pay $10.00 per day.

3  Thank RIGIRL63
Reviewed February 8, 2009

This was our second ski vacation to smuggler's with two children ages 3 and 5. This year we stayed 7nights in the North Hill Community at the Tamaracks - I highly recommend upgrading to the premium units which are newer and cleaner. They also have access to the indoor water park with slides and splash areas for the little ones - which was great. I wish we had known about that last year. Last years Mountain Laurels unit just didn't compare. The resort is great for families, ski instructors were fabulous and worked hard to get our 3 year old skiing. After the third day she was on the lifts and the pacifier out of her mouth. Lots to do for little ones from skiing, tubing, bouncy houses, water parks. Snow was good, lifts still slow, but a great mountain for kids and familes. Plenty to do. Can't comment on restaurants because we ate in. But would definitely recommend it for families that don't want to go out west.

1  Thank bdette
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I had researched and thought I had found the perfect family getway but was greatly disappointed. Upon arrival, check in was rude. The town home I requested -3 bedroom, 2 bathroom with fireplace was changed. The whole weekend I discovered Ice skating, cross country skiing and snow shoeing was not open due to lack of staff. The hot tubs were cold. Shuttle drivers would not drive you to your town home with out you calling them first-so you stand outside 10 mins waiting for no reason. My whole family looked forward to this trip-while driving home my 11 year old son stated "Smuggler's notch was the worst place we ever stayed." We all agreed!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank carynRN
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Perfect location for fall colors. It's close to Stowe and Jeffersonville. We booked thru RCI and were given a very nice and large 2bd, 2ba with full kitchen. There are many activities for families year round.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2008

We were given a new unit and it was great. Smuggler's Notch is located about 5 miles from Jeffersonville, so take plenty of supplies along..........

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites
Topnotch Resort
Topnotch Resort
#4 of 24 in Stowe

Been to Smugglers' Notch Resort? Share your experiences!