This resort consist of several villages. Each village has some facilities available only to its residents. Aspens has a very nice heated to 86 F pool with beautiful views, bathhouse ,small gym and a playground. There is a covered corridor leading to those facilities. Rooms are well cared, spacious. Kitchen is filly equipped - we even had a slow-cooker provided. There is a big balcony with very basic outdoor furniture.
This resort has facility to make vacation enjoyable even if weather is totally miserable. The water playgrounds are heated and fun zone is a life saver if you have a bored kid... Their summer camp is really good if weather is nice. In a bed weather, kids are staying in-doors building puzzles or boarding games - there is not much equipment to keep them busy inside. Camp takes kids to the pool even if it is 56F outside. But our son didn't complain. If there are not many children, then water activities are planned for non-swimmers and good swimmers can be bored or upset because they are not allowed to go on a big slide and kept in the waddling pool.
They have day care center on the property which runs Kids night out program on several evenings a week. It is $30 for 5:30-9:30 including dinner. Was a huge perk for us. There is a nice restaurant on the property with small but attractive menu.
Overall - the set up is perfect for a good family vacation. Perfect even- if Vermont's weather cooperates. We most likely will be back, but not in June. Please be aware, the temperatures in Smuggler's notch are even lower for 3-4 degrees than a neighboring Stow
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville