Smugglers' Notch Resort
Deer Run Motor Inn(Jeffersonville)
$100
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$208
The Stowehof(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$99
$108
$105
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$250
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$188
1,245 results
All reviewsfun zonemountainside poolgreat family vacationwater slidesski schoolmorse mountaintime sharemaster bedroomzip liningwasher and dryerspecial needswinter vacationthrough rcidisc golfsmuggs passsnow tubingice skating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am not a skier, but this place made me wanna. I bought the attire, but didn't do the deed. Instead I enjoyed my comfy room - though not updated with the Wyndham touch. The resort offers an abundance of activities and is a short drive to the city's main road. I would love to go back here with my nieces and nephews and stay in one of Wyndham's updated units.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank eclee97
Reviewed April 8, 2013

You always here a lot about Smuggs being a great place for families but don't let this deter you from an adults only vacation! We spent a weekend here in late March with another couple and had a blast. I booked the package for BrewFest weekend through their group vacations office and got an amazing deal. Our studios were ski in ski out, directly liftside. They weren't luxurious but were very comfortable with a gas fireplace and a kitchenette so you can bring your own food. They certainly met all of our needs.
There is a wide variety of trails for all levels and abilities and enough trails at each level so that nobody will get board. The lifts are on the older side so they are a bit slow but the scenery is beautiful so just enjoy the ride.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
SmugglersNotchResort, Public Relations Manager at Smugglers' Notch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for posting your review; we're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay booked through our Group Vacations staff and that you found your lodging to be comfortable. We hope you found some of the craft brews showcased at the BrewFest to be to your liking. Our March BrewFest typically features lighter brews for spring, while the early December BrewFest offers samples of heartier brews. Thank you for choosing Smugglers' for your winter weekend getaway!

Karen Boushie
Public relations director

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just returned from spending 3 nights at Smuggs. Being from New England we knew what to expect and it was wonderful for us! We brought our 4 year old and 2 year old sons to learn to ski for the first time and I can't think of a better mountain for them to learn on. The resort itself is aging and there is no village to speak of. Just a few restaurants at the base but the condos are equipped with kitchens so cooking is always an option. The kids did love the pirate dinner and there's a decent pizza place. We lucked out with amazing conditions and the scenery from the summit is some of the best in VT - really spectacular. The lifts leave a lot to be desired - only doubles and so sloooowwww. There's also not much of a lodge to speak of.

The kids programs, however, cannot be beat. Our 4 year old loved learning to snow board at the Discovery Camp and loved his instructors. However, the real gem is the Little Rascals program at Little Treasures. Our 2 year old learned to ski! They have a tiny "hill" and magic carpet right out back. We were given a report card and a video of his lesson at the end of the day. We also were able to watch him having an outdoor picnic when we skied by on our way to pick him up - he was having a ball.

As if that all is not enough they have a Fun Zone with bounce houses, mini golf, etc. to entertain the kids.

This is the place to go for a family with young children but keep certain expectations low.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

There are a lot of things to review so I will start with the lodging ~ We rented a three bdrm premium unit with another family so we had 4 adults and 6 children. The third bdrm had 4 twin beds so it was perfect for us. We rented OWLS 8 in the North Hills section~ reallly nice large unit open and clean. Kitchen was fully stocked, even had soap/sponge, garbage bags, dishwashing detergent/paper towels. We also paid for the Smuggs pass so for my three year old a full day camp was included. The counselors were young and nice for the most part but I personally felt the camp was a little chaotic and kids did sit around with just a few legos and broken crayons while waiting to go out and ski. The lunch was also sort of chaotic and didn't look so good either. I appreciated having a full day camp for my little one but wished it could have been a little nicer ~ more for the kids to do and more counselor to child interaction. My other two children went to the 2 hr lessons and I found the instructors to be really patient and good at teaching. It can be crowded on the bunny slope and classes are generally larger in the morning so it can be really frustrating for little kids to sit around and wait for their turn. This happened for one of my children so i think next time I would start her off with a private lesson to get her going. I also attended the 2 hr lessons and really liked the instructors ~ they were really easy going and friendly and taught me how to ski. Thanks Bud and Gary! The village is cute and has a good pizza place for lunch ~ rustic but perfect when lugging around in those ski boots. We also ate dinner at the Mountain Grill which was good too for a family meal. Country store has a good selection of necessities so you can make a meal or two in your unit. For anyone doing this for the first time it can be a little overwhelming ~ this is what we learned. The rental of skis and boots can take 30 to 45 minutes, getting into the boots takes some effort and your feet will hurt walking around in them. Carrying ski's around can be tiring esp if your carrying your children's too. Budget extra time and bring some advil ; ) The parking lot gets very muddy and so will your car. They offer shuttles which we saw were everywhere but we just found it easier to drive and park so we could store our boots and things. Overall I thought it was a good size resort and we really enjoyed learning to ski. The people were very nice and they gave us a late checkout so were able to ski our last day too. We were so busy with the skiing we didn't get to do too much else but we did try the tubing which was fun. We look forward to going back. Good value for everything you get too.

Room Tip: North Hills premium units are newer. We enjoyed the OWLS 8 ~ no elevator but we were ok carrying things up.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank luxurytraveler3
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The resort was very nice and quiet (for a ski resort). A few minor things, that could be changed up. First, the WiFi was not free and pretty expensive. It's 2013 WiFi should be free. Second, the lifts are a little slower with no hi-speed quads in site. We knew this before coming so it wasn't bad for us. Last, the demo shop had almost no selections at all. If you advertise a demo shop, you should have demo equipment not a upgraded version of your rentals. Demo's are for testing equipment to buy, not renting a better quality rental. Especially for 75 dollars.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hakone and it was fine, except for the fact we couldn't use the jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple