Every year our family takes a vacation together. In total there are 22 of us. 10 adults and 12 kids ranging from ages 1 through 16. We were hoping this would be another great place to get together, keep the kids busy and just have a good time. That was not the case. The units were like walking in dorm rooms. The rooms themselves were not so bad, especially some of the suites.
Smugglers Notch seems only to be practical in the winter time for skiing unless you and all your family members are into hiking. The only thing they don't charge extra for are the pools...as if they didn't charge you enough for the rooms. Our kids were occupied with each other thank goodness otherwise they were bored. The weather didn't help the situation because if it was nice, they could have at least taken more advantage of the pools. The camps were all gathered outside of our room every morning so that made reading a book or relaxing on our patio in peace impossible.
The most upsetting & I'd say decieving thing about this resort is how their brochures and websites advertise a lake with a trampoline and boat rentals but when we explored and couldn't find that, we were told by the staff that it is off site. You drive our of the resort, park in one of their lots & then hike down a trail to the lake.
I'm not sure what anyone sees in this place for summer. It was not worth our travel time or money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville