We spent a week in the Tamaracks, I think it was unit 42. The units are like a cozy suburban condo, with all the trappings of home; jacuzzi tub in the master suite with a flatscreen tv right in the bathroom, etc. The unit had a fantastic balcony, where we spent a lot of time. One unpleasant element was that the pool area has a waterslide with a bell that goes off everytime someone goes down the slide, so we got to listen to a bell that sounded something like a fire alarm going off from morning to night. We eventually got used to it, but it was a little jarring the first few days. However, other units are farther from the pool, and the noise could have been a sort of acoustic quirk of our exact placement.
The resort is filled with woods, which was nice, and it is just a short drive from Smuggler's Notch park, which we adored. The hikes in that park are pretty great. There appear to be all kinds of activities for kids and adults alike at the resort; there were people ziplining through the trees above our heads as we walked through the woods every day of the week. If nonstop activities is your kind of thing, this is probably a great place for you. It didn't really give us the feeling of "getting away in the mountains and roughing it", as everything is carpeted and heated and soundproofed, but if you like your creature comforts, and basically want the feeling of a suburban home but with a fabulous view of the mountains, this is probably exactly what you're looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville