We ski Smuggs often in the Winter and spend several weeks there in the Summer. The skiing is phenomenal with terrain for all levels, but if you're in excellent skier you'll appreciate all the woods runs. Apres ski can be jam packed with family events, swimming, sledding, tubing, skating, the Fun zone or you can sit in your beautiful condo overlooking the majestic mountains. Summer is just as fun with great camps for kids, water parks, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, trips to Montreal, zipline, lake swimming, the list is endless. I also highly recommend dining at the Hearth and Candle Restaurant which is located in the Smuggs village. The staff is over the top attentive and the food is superb, plus the atmosphere is lovely. We always leave Smuggs feeling 100% reconnected with our family, relaxed and refreshed.
I read some of the other reviews from people who visited in May, yeah, it's quiet in Vermont from mid April (ski area closes) through end of May because it's mud season. Picks up again early to mid June.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville