“Jay Indoor Waterpark”

Jay Peak Pump House
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Jay
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My teenagers went here one evening and had a blast. very large and well laid out. many rides/areas for all ages. Water is kept at 82 degrees(F). Large spectator area overlooking waterpark with bar area. Small and large lockers on site at cost. BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE BEFORE GOING as considerably less expensive

2  Thank JamesMTL1963
in 9 reviews
"great escape"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed January 30, 2013

While visiting Jay Peak and the area, I took my 2 daughters 8 adn 4 yrs old to the pump house for the afternoon- they loved it! It was very clean and well run. The water was warm and there was enough to keep them busy all afternoon. Great time!

1  Thank jdsd1
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The best part of this day was the uncrowded atmosphere. I think it's because they sell only so many tickets per day. We actually went from Burke on a Saturday which I was a hesitant about being a weekend but was pleasantly surprised. The water in the Lazy River was a bit chilly but it was probably due to the air being warm. The hot tub was wonderful as were the slides. We were ages 6-63 and all enjoyed a wonderful time.

1  Thank mochashad
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited Jay Peak Pump house over Martin Luther King weekend. It was crowded but doable. Jay has limited the number of daily visitors, and if you do not purchase your tickets in advance, on line, you may be turned away. There is a third ticket category which is not advertised, that of spectator. If you are a parent accompanying your children and have no intention of using the park, buy a $10 spectator pass and save yourself $25.00. This type of pass is not advertised online.
Earlier reviewers complained about the lack of seating, that seems to have been remedied, at least on the day we went, there was seats available. The locker room is a joke; I have seen bigger locker rooms at small health clubs.
The activities are all geared to children; there is no pool for lap swimming, games and the surf wave pool is so small plus the lines are very long. The hot tub was over crowded, there is no sauna or steam room at the Pump House.
The food selection at the pool was limited, unless you want to dress and find food in another location, you have very limited and unhealthy choices.
The good news, the staff was helpful and there were plenty of life guards, plenty of towels, you do not need to bring your own.
Having done this, I would not return again unless I had small children that I needed to entertain.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to this waterpark the day after Thanksgiving as we were in Vermont. We had kids ranging from 10 years-old to 16 and generally they all had a lot of fun. The 16 year olds had enough of it after about three hours but I think they were also hungry so just wanted to go eat.
My ten year old said it was awesome and said "if this is what they do with their waterpark, I can imagine what it's like to ski here." We are going back in February for that. It looked like there was a lot for the kids to do and being that it was four o'clock a lot of people were leaving so not too crowded.We sat in the bar area and had fun watching the people attempting the surfing, that looked really cool. Its definitely a fun option if you don't want to ski or need a break from skiing. It wasn't a bad ride from Essex Junction about an hour of driving to the middle of nowhere.