“A great day for all ages in the middle of winter freeze.”

Jay Peak Pump House
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Jay
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The best part of this day was the uncrowded atmosphere. I think it's because they sell only so many tickets per day. We actually went from Burke on a Saturday which I was a hesitant about being a weekend but was pleasantly surprised. The water in the Lazy River was a bit chilly but it was probably due to the air being warm. The hot tub was wonderful as were the slides. We were ages 6-63 and all enjoyed a wonderful time.

1  Thank mochashad
There are newer reviews for Jay Peak Pump House

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited Jay Peak Pump house over Martin Luther King weekend. It was crowded but doable. Jay has limited the number of daily visitors, and if you do not purchase your tickets in advance, on line, you may be turned away. There is a third ticket category which is not advertised, that of spectator. If you are a parent accompanying your children and have no intention of using the park, buy a $10 spectator pass and save yourself $25.00. This type of pass is not advertised online.
Earlier reviewers complained about the lack of seating, that seems to have been remedied, at least on the day we went, there was seats available. The locker room is a joke; I have seen bigger locker rooms at small health clubs.
The activities are all geared to children; there is no pool for lap swimming, games and the surf wave pool is so small plus the lines are very long. The hot tub was over crowded, there is no sauna or steam room at the Pump House.
The food selection at the pool was limited, unless you want to dress and find food in another location, you have very limited and unhealthy choices.
The good news, the staff was helpful and there were plenty of life guards, plenty of towels, you do not need to bring your own.
Having done this, I would not return again unless I had small children that I needed to entertain.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to this waterpark the day after Thanksgiving as we were in Vermont. We had kids ranging from 10 years-old to 16 and generally they all had a lot of fun. The 16 year olds had enough of it after about three hours but I think they were also hungry so just wanted to go eat.
My ten year old said it was awesome and said "if this is what they do with their waterpark, I can imagine what it's like to ski here." We are going back in February for that. It looked like there was a lot for the kids to do and being that it was four o'clock a lot of people were leaving so not too crowded.We sat in the bar area and had fun watching the people attempting the surfing, that looked really cool. Its definitely a fun option if you don't want to ski or need a break from skiing. It wasn't a bad ride from Essex Junction about an hour of driving to the middle of nowhere.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went with a 12 year old and from the minute he went inside, he was in total awe. He didn't ski because it was summer, but there were only a few people, so he was able to ride everything several times. The staff was great and they said it had been very crowded the day before because of a Canadian holiday. Keep in mind that Jay Peak is very close to Canada, so you will be competing with Canadian holidays, as well. The surfing, pool basketball, big waterslides were so much fun for him. He's really looking forward to snowboarding and surfing afterwards. It's balmy inside and if you don't want to be in the water, you can sit at a table and eat some food or have coffee/water/tea, etc. I do recommend calling ahead of time to find out when the busier times are. Plan your trip accordingly to make sure you aren't caught on a holiday or when it's very crowded.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a good time as a large group at the Pump House and the kids really enjoyed it. It was a shame that the some of the flumes were not always open though. The lazy river is fine for a while but it's unfortunate that there is not a real pool so that you can actually swim. A great trip for the littles ones though.