“Wonderful weekend mini vacation”

Jay Peak Pump House
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Jay
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Wonderful weekend mini vacation”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I just spend two nights at the Jay Peak Hotel and Water park and I must say it was a trip to remember. The room (we stayed in a hotel room in the conference center) was spacious with a kitchen area, large bathroom and a gas fireplace. The bed linens and pillows were luxurious and the kitchen was stocked well enough for us to make some mac and cheese and store drinks in the fridge. The room was spotless. The water park was unbelievable for an indoor park; much bigger than any I have stayed at (Great Adventure Lodge in NY) and the lazy river was a great time;might be a little wavy, fast for very young children. My son is 13 yrs and he had a great time. Pluses are the bar area over looking all the water slides so if you want to hang out with a drink you can. Only down side was there weren't enough chairs/areas to sit. The restaurants were great and to cut cost you can bring food and use the kitchenette in your room. All in all a fantastic experience.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank masspedirn

Winchester, MA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had an awesome time. I wish the place opened earlier though. It can also be tricky finding a place to sit and leave your stuff, but outside of that, we had no complaints. The bar area overlooking the Pump House was great, too!

1 Thank KerryMB
Cornwall, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Slip Slidin' Fun for Everyone”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went to Great Wolf Lodge twice before... and heard of this place. WOW... are we glad we went. My hubby, myself and my 6 and 15 year old had a blast. It's a lot like Wolf Lodge -- but appeals much more to my eldest (while still making my 6 year old scream with joy).
The drive up was excellent in September - fall foliage at its finest.
Our room was on the 2nd floor - same floor as pumphouse entrance (very convenient). Speaking of the room - very nice! We had a fire place, gorgeous washroom... and even a Keurig coffee maker (little things like that make the stay so much better).
We lucked out - not long waits at all for the slides. Check the height requirements before leaving. My little guy was fine - and could go on all rides (except for La Chute of course). What's great is that we could go together in the "2-man tube" down the blue side (great fun).
The arcade was fun... and food was good. We went for the Sunday buffet at the Foundry (yummy and affordable). Speaking of affordable - we took advantage of the "fall special". All four of us enjoyed a beautiful room for one night and access to the waterpark the day of our arrival as well as the following day -- for approximately $235 Canadian. Excellent value. Will go back again. Oh... tip: We didn't know these rooms had little "kitchenettes". Next time -- I would save a few bucks and bring some food to make lunch or supper in our rooms.

Visited September 2012
montreal
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“4 Slides viewable from bar”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This water park is huge but when you get down to it, it only has 4 slides, two with raft, two without. It was dead season so no wait time but I imagine at peak, the line up for 3 slides (as 1 is a scary few people will do type one) must be insane. There is little for very young toddlers. no real pool (unless you feel like being hit in the head by basketball or falling tween from rock climbing. An enjoyable experience and a chance to have some drinks at the bar while watching the fun from above. The floors get really slippy and many people tumbled. I would think they would use a more slip resistant product for the pathways.

Vermont
“Fun from 9 months to 60!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our group of varied ages all had a blast. Very well-run, clean facility (but be warned it can get extremely crowded - during Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving weekend the lazy river was pretty much one big chain of tubes). The attendants are friendly and helpful, the facility is very clean, and lines were pretty reasonable even with the crowds. Even the snack bar prices were reasonable.