“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jay
USA
“Great stay”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We used a Travelzoo deal to stay here. The cost of staying the night almost cancelled itself out if you considered water park cost. The 1 bedroom rooms are great. Full kitchens and Keurig machines. The balconies were nice to sit out on. Everything is super clean. It is a very remote area of Vermont with not much else to do. Do not forget to bring food from home. The provisions store did carry items but $7.00 for a box of cereal or 9.59 a pound for deli is a bit high. The kids loved the water park and the lifeguards are super attentive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MoveUp_JPR, Manager at Jay Peak Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write and glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm not sure we have the pricing 100% correct in Provisions (some prices seem intuitively high while others, too low). Given how recently we've been open in there, we'll definitely continue to tweak/refine.

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Steve Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Pottersville, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent two nights at Jay Peak for a conference. The facility is all new neat an clean. My biggest regret was the event was all work for me so I had very little chance to really enjoy the entire facility. Lots of money is being spent on the entire resort and it will be interesting to see how the entire facility will look in a few years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Glad you enjoyed your conference and appreciate that you took the time to write. Next time, build in a day or two for yourself and kick back. Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My 2 year old daughter and I had a wonderful time. The pool is fantastic and the mountains are beautiful.
A few things I didn't like. The lady at check in was SO rude. I politely requested an early checkin so my daughter could take her nap and the front desk lady was soooooo rude to me. Even my friends I was with could not believe how she spoke to me. The rest of the staff were so friendly. Oir room was clean but the windows were filthy. There were grubby hand prints everywhere which made our mountain view less enjoyable.
This place needs a playground. There's nothing to do before 10am so a few swings and a slide for the kids would have been wonderful. It's not an expensive purchase and I noticed other reviews mentioning the same thing.
Overall we loved our trip and may return if I can get over how badly I was treated at check in.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Lucy S
Glad you had a great time, save your bad experience with check in. I will look into this immediately and we'll address with our front desk staff. I appreciate the opportunity to improve via your suggestions. Hope to see you again to offer an improved check in experience.

Best and thanks for taking the time to write.

Portland
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just went to Jay Peak, Vermont. It was a mid-week family mini vacation, provided by my son as an anniversary gift. We had a great time! We have 2 and 4 year old grandchildren, my son and wife are in their 30's, my husband in his 60's and I am in my 50's. We all had a great time. There is a huge indoor water park. There was a big kiddie area, lazy river, and 4 big water slides. It was a great chance for my husband and I to be kids again. We ice skated at the onsite ice arena and then returned home to our 2 bedroom family suite w/ a full kitchen and fireplace. We shopped at the shops, played at the arcade and had dinner without ever leaving the resort. We didn't get to go on the tram ride because of the weather. It is very clean and staff was great. I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and never once heard any noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RedSoxGirlPortland
Yes, it seems like there's a bit for every generation here for sure. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you get a chance to come back, soon, for that Tram ride. Fall colors are a few weeks away but it's a perfect time to get a high-altitude perspective on New England's colors.

I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Magog, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great place to stay at Jay Peak Mountain cottages!
We had a cottage with 2 rooms and very well equipped as far as kitchenette.
For golfers, it is an amazing place to stay. Very convenient for 4 people.

Room Tip: Mountain cottages are on the Jay Peak golf course, very, very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Erie, PA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Jay Hotel and the Jay Peak
Resort offer a variety of activities for your family. Hiking, the pump house water park, ice skating all in one place. The rooms are large and clean. The outdoor pool has attentive guards for your safety. The provisions store has everything you could want or need. The restaurants are good so you won't have to go off property unless you want to. Very enjoyable experience and can't wait to see what is new next year.

• Stayed July 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed two nights with a travelzoo promo last fall. Had a blast. New hotel, good restaurant awesome indoor waterpark. Great base for hiking in the Notheast Kingdom. Limited restaurants and groceries near however would be a small minus to an overall great experience. Condo room was awesome. La chute slide was our favorite.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pharmacistking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jay
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast ...
#1 of 2 in Montgomery Center

Been to Jay Peak Resort? Share your experiences!