“Jay Peak Resort Rocks!!”
Review of Jay Peak Resort

Jay Peak Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jay
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our condo was fantastic! Recently built (previous fall) and very tastefully decorated with lovely finishes--granite kitchen and bath. Not pretentious but not a hint of ghetto!
Washer/drier in the unit. Super clean. Loved the gas fireplace (wish it wasn't on a timer). The bed was AWESOME--huge and super comfy!
The only complaint was that the shower pressure was a bit weak...and you could easily lock yourself out on the patio (our daughters did) but if you keep your key with you at all times you can
let yourself back in.

Room Tip: We had a 'cottage' on the golf course--Hotel Jay looked excellent but was pricey.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Jay Hotel with three kids and two adults. We were there for a hockey tourney April 26-28 wonderful resort. Our room had two double beds and they were able to provide us with a cot as well . The room was great the kitchen although small had everything we needed two burns, large microwave,fridge,toaster,coffee maker, all dishes,pots,cutlery and even dish soap. The bathroom was very large. Considering we were five it was plenty big.

We were there for hockey but took full advantage of the indoor water park which was huge and so much fun. Towels were provided and it was very clean. Definitely a lot of value for families.

We cooked all our own food in the room but restaurants are available

The spring scenery at jay is spectacular there are also lots of trails etc. on site store has lots of groceries if you forget anything

Staying at the hotel meant we were at the water park in minutes as well as the rink. In the coupon book they give you you receive a free family tram ride to the top of the mountain. Nice add on..

Overall this resort was great will definitely go again

Room Tip: Ask for room that looks at mountainside very nice view .
1  Thank Jen B
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Upon checking in I recieved a room with dirty sheets ( magic marker). If I would have known this would have been the cleanest of the rooms, I would have kept it. The second room had hair on the bed, red spots on the comforter and a rip in the sheets. This is unacceptable at any hotel. House keeping is a joke. To top it off the front desk gave me sheets so I could change the bed myself. Just wow

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank ripcurl134
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The penthouse rooms are complete with two very comfortable queen beds, large bathroom, kitchen sink, microwave, 2-burner cook top, toaster, Keurig coffee maker, plenty of dishes, pots & pans, big flat screen tv and an in-room safe

If you run out of coffee or hot chocolate for the Keurig, just go the front desk to get some more or ask the housekeeper. No charge!

Bring your own food and save some money on restaurant charges. We did eat at Mountain Dick's Pizza for two meals and the pizza and hot sub sandwiches were very good and reasonably priced.

The Drink bar at the indoor waterpark was very accommodating with plenty of variety of beer, good mixed drinks and friendly staff,

The heating/cooling system in the rooms were a bit too loud with the blower coming on and off. This was the only downfall of the accommodations. A quick and easy fix was to turn the master switch off. The room was plenty warm without the central heat on. The gas fireplace is on a timer and will shut off automatically after an hour.

Our penthouse room was on the top (5th) floor and had views of the ski area and surrounding mountains. Balcony was nice and we had beautiful spring weather.

Water park was great. Our teenagers enjoyed it and the La Chute water slide (65' drop at 45 mph) is pretty exhilarating! The outdoor hot tub is very relaxing. The kids also enjoyed the game room with plenty of games to choose from.

Take advantage of the family room on the first floor with plenty of comfortable chairs and couches to relax.

Overall is was a great 3 day get-a-way and we'll be back again. My compliments to the extremely friendly staff at the front desk, water park, bar and restaurants.

6  Thank WilsonP
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the renovated Hotel Jay in an apartment-like suite with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, dining area, and full kitchen. It was great to have separate bedrooms and bathrooms for family members. One of the bedrooms had a balcony overlooking the pool and ski lift and the living room had a cozy gas fireplace. Even for just one night, we used the kitchen for preparing dinner and breakfast. All of the cooking items and utensils we needed were right at hand. Our toddler asked, "Is this our new house?"

The room was convenient to all of the resort's attractions and everything inside was updated and spotless. The only downside was the lack of room service options. We were tired from a long day at the water park and we would have been happy to order in. We did eventually find out that we could call in an order to the restaurant and pick it up. The Provisions General Store is a fantastic new addition to the property. You can get a snack or a full meal. Microwave mac & cheese or a bottle of fine wine. Really, they have anything you could possibly need. Very helpful when you don't want to leave the property for a few items.

1  Thank taragl
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Visited Jay Peak Resort for a long weekend, April 12-14. Rented a Village Condo unit (from a private owner on vrbo.com). The two bedroom condo was awesome. Second floor unit with a great view and the condo had everything needed for a great weekend. It was warm and cozy. Snowed most of the weekend. If you ski, the condos are ski-in/ski-out. They are also very close to the Jay Peak Hotel, Ice Haus, and Pump House. We spent a Saturday at the Pump House and it was fun! I would definitely visit Jay Peak again, and I would do it anytime of the year. Great skiing, beautiful views, nice hiking. I felt completely relaxed after the weekend, and went back to work on Monday feeling like I had a long vacation.

Room Tip: I rented a Village Condo (V453) from a private owner from vrbo.com. It was a very good experience fo...
1  Thank BeachFeetGirl
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I’ve spent two nights at the Hotel Jay, from Easter Sunday to the Tuesday, with my wife and 2 kids (1 & 5 years old). I will start by saying that we didn’t go for skiing, but to get out of town for a few days and to enjoy the Pump House water park with the kids. It was my first visit at Jay Peak.
The check-in was pretty quick, we arrived at 2pm and our room was ready so that was a nice surprise, it took about 5 minutes and we were already in our room with all our luggage. There was also a complimentary use of the valet service which was also a nice surprise as I wasn’t aware of this when I book. I had ask for a crib for my one year old when booking, but it wasn’t in the room so I when back down to the check-in counter and 5 minutes later a lady brought one in. Just to clarify that’s they don’t offer a full size wooden crib, but one of those portable folding one.
We booked a penthouse( which only really means that it’s on the 5th floor ) one bedroom suite and I will say that it was one of the best room I’ve ever stayed in. Very spacious room with a full kitchen and bathroom with all the amenities needed. There’s also two nice flat screen TV’s, one in the bedroom and one in the main room. There was also a decent size balcony, we were on the parking side of the hotel, but being on the top floor we still had a pretty nice view from our room. We didn’t hear anything from the other rooms, and our room had actually a door with a small hallway to separate it from the main hallway, so it was very quiet. As some other reviews mentioned, they were cleaning the parking pretty early in the mornings and you could hear the “bip-bip” from the trucks backing up, but again, being on the top floor it wasn’t really an issue and we are up early with the kids anyways. The bed was pretty comfortable, and my oldest son slept on the sofa bed. He found it very comfortable, but I would say any adults sleeping on that thing will probably have a bad night sleep and a good back ache in the morning. The heating/cooling system is quite loud in the bedroom and if you are a lite sleeper, you should probably make sure it doesn't start in the middle of the night.
Once we checked in our room we went down for lunch at the Mountain Dick’s pizza, pretty much was you expect form a pizza joint, greasy pizza, but tasty and it does what is suppose to do, fill you up. There is also beer on tap and I found the Tram Ale that they offer all over the resort to be very good. We when to dinner, on our first night, to the Foundry Pub & Grille located in the hotel. The good at the Foundry: it’s a pretty nice place with a few flat screens TV’s and the food in itself was very good with good size portions also. The bad: the service was pretty bad, and it took forever to get our plates, our kids had there’s a lot faster than ours, so they had finished eating before we even got our plates. We also only had the dinner menu offered to us by our waitress, but we saw that the table beside ours had ordered stuff from the lunch menu, it would have been nice if our waitress would have told us that we could also ordered from the lunch menu also at night. Like everything on the resort, it’s not cheap eating there, without being outrageous either. I would recommend booking beforehand as we had to wait for 15-20 minutes to get a table.
For breakfast we bought some stuff at the Provision general store onsite, which has pretty much anything you need, again a bit pricy, but very convenient. They also have a selection of beers and wines and have a menu of daily made sandwiches & salads. After our experience at the Foundry, we preferred to take advantage of the nice kitchen we had in our room and cook our own lunch and dinner.
The pump house water park was overall a pretty good experience; we spent most of our time in there. Kids loved it, I thought the water could have been a bit warmer and for sure the bathroom / changing area was way too cold to be comfortable. Not sure what’s the temperature in there, but when you come from the Pump House (which is around 80 degrees I believe), wet and only in a bathing suit, it’s feels like it freezing in there. My oldest kid loved the lazy river, but I still don’t understand why nobody were getting the empty tubs out of it on a regular basis, as there are more empty tubes floating around then actual people and that became annoying after a while. Also, the towels they give you at the entrance or very small, decent size for my kids, but not for adults, at least they didn’t mind giving us a few extra.
I went to check the Elevation 1851' Family Arcade with my 5 year old, it was pretty standard games that you can win tickets to get some dollar store crap unless you can get a ridiculous amount of tickets to get some decent prize. Still, it was a fun 45 minutes spent with my kid and they do give you a 6$ voucher in your free extra vacation package.
Being there just for a short stay, I didn’t have time to check out everything, there was some outdoor hot tubs that look to be pretty popular and there was a very nicely equip gym that was always empty each time I’ve walked by, but I didn’t have time to spent time at either place.
I’ve had good customer service overall at the Hotel, it was a very good stay and will probably visit the place in the future. I’ve you want some more info, don’t hesitate to PM me.

2  Thank KrazyKarpet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jay
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
#5 of 5 in Sutton
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay

Been to Jay Peak Resort? Share your experiences!